Wont let me install overwatch

so i was on the battle.net app and then overwatch needed a update then i clicked it and then i didn’t work so then i clicked scan and repair and then there a was a ongoing loop of scanning and repairing after 10 days i deleted the game and tried installing it again but it would not install so on the blizzard app its a stuck on installing but yea i need some help i dont wanna miss summer games

Hey there,

It looks like the data is either being corrupted on download or there is a read/write permissions error. I’d normally start with troubleshooting security applications, then if that doesn’t work try a new admin account.

Let us know how it goes!

but if i press locate game would it just go back to normal

Heya,

It might, but if it doesn’t, we’d probably recommend reinstalling it entirely. You can try installing over the top of your current data but it won’t always work. It all depends on the extent of whatever corruption you have going on there.

one last question if i delete overwatch from my program files (x86) folder does it remove everything

This would effectively be similar to an uninstall, but it may not delete any left over files from places like the local app data or the documents folder. It can help if there isn’t a way to uninstall to reinstall the game.

so i can keep my stuff on overwatch like skins and stuff

Hey there,

All skins and other in-game progress is saved server side. As long as you log in with the same account the content will follow you anywhere!

Hope the info helps. Cheers!