Wonder what the playtime stats say about 222

A poll posted by a GM player surrounded by other GM players, of course they are happy about it, it is them that bullied bliz in to creating it.
1500 out of 40 million players, with “some troll votes removed” proves almost nothing to me. Sorry

Need source, because I extremely doubt that.

I already said this and I’m going to say this once again, the words of Blizzard’s, the Overwatch developers themselves will always be more trustworthy and valuable than the average anecdotal ““data”” found here in the Forums.

That’s simple logic and facts.

The game just wasnt ready for 2-2-2. It should have come packed with lots of balance changes. At this point i am not sure if the devs are just ignorant or straight up stupid. They told us, that they were collecting lots of data and were working on 2-2-2 for a long time. All this collected data and time to work on it resulted into what we have now. Its just unacceptable.

1 Like

And if you check ptr patch notes, you will see that some heroes will get reworked because of 2-2-2, which is good of-course. My point in short: 2-2-2 is good thing and blitz is making it better one step at time.

I’d rather listen to the community; those that play it. That’s simple logic and facts.

I stopped playing but for a completely different reason.
D.va is at its worst and the game doesn’t seem to be going anywhere for the past 2 years so I have nothing to do here. It is just one frustrating game.

1 Like

Ironically, I’ve been doing quite well on DVA when I do play, usually get more elims than the dps.

If by the game’s “community” you mean the opinion aggregated by extremely fundamentally biased places that in no way present the opinions of the game’s total player base that are these Forums for example, then sorry but I’ll stop you right there.

That’s pretty much the definition of taking anecdotal at best views as facts, which is something that I don’t even have to explain how illogical it is.

Logically playtime had to fall when you’re now chilling in queue for 22 minutes to play a 10 minute match.

1 Like

I would not say the forum is biased, if anything it represents those that genuinely care enough to come and have a say. The community reaches further than that anyway; people I see online, my friends that haven’t played for a month, their friends. You tubers and streamers that don’t bother anymore. You are entitled to believe that role 1 is the almighty saviour of overwatch if you like. I don’t buy it, I think it’s the beginning of the end.

1 Like

I can tell you that the population in 3.2k+ has gone down by at least 25-30 percent. More people are playing, but people aren’t going matches after matches. Largely because you don’t want to play same role for 20 matches in a row. Especially anything like Orisa or Moira.

1 Like

1 step every 6-12 months is not going to work.

1 Like

Gullible much?
“Actually, for your information [they’re in CYA mode]”

1 Like

I’m not really going to argue for the obvious here, I’m just going to say that the Overwatch Forums are one of, if not the worst place to receive actual feed back about the game’s true state. And that overall bias and unreliability is a result of many things, such as the fact that, as a Forum, people will naturally be more prone to complaining than acclaiming something, the overall great imbalance in the Forums’ demographics and so much more…

Again, I’m really bored of seeing these anecdotal points being thrown around.

And that’s really because they can be deflected as easily as it is saying that I and the people I come across (friends, etc.) share the polar opposite experience than yours, which is by the way true.

The grand majority of them are high - ranked players, so really their complaints are natural and they’re the only ones whose frustration with the system is completely justified, as they now have to deal with extreme queue times and because 2/2/2 role - lock doesn’t really improve their personal experience as of now, etc.

Even though this goes against the actual date we currently have, as you said, you’re entitled to your own opinion and are free to believe whatever you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, so suddenly according to your logic the random anecdotal and biased at best ““data”” found here in the Forums and which are signaling 2/2/2 role - lock’s apparent failure are more trustworthy and accurate than official developer responses??

Wow, just wow… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I mean, there is troll in it`s name, just ignore it.

I’m not going to write all the same things again as I’m up to my neck in work and you clearly are not understanding this. I think you are wrong, I live in this game (for now) and world of gaming and have done my whole life. Since Amigas, ST and Acorn. I’ll agree to differ but let’s say that what you call anecdotal are feelings from the ground up. Not from your biased (blizzard) “fact” sources who obviously are not going to admit their failure.

Just read the first page on how many threads are against it and how many are for.

I find 222 incredibly restricting and frustrating and I know (regardless of what you think) that many many agree.

Have a nice day and enjoy your queue times, flex restrictions and 3 random srs

2 Likes

The forums are a cesspool of toxicity, and should be almost entirely ignored by the devs. People come here to complain, and that’s about it. Since they all agree “game is dead”, they assume they all agree on how it should be balanced/fixed, when in reality, these forums would be the most dysfunctional dev team imaginable.

So why are you here, and Mr Sandwich if you think all the forums are just people complaining? You say complaining, I say passionate gamers who are concerned that their game has been wrecked.

One can be passionate and critical without the extremes these forums go to. I typically stick to Reddit for that reason, and I think I’ll go back now.