Without earnable skins events are pointless

That was always the reason people got excited for new events was to play and unlock the new cosmetics. Now you can’t get them unless you pony up. No one wants to mindlessly play an event mode over and over for no reason.

284 Likes

If you do your weeklies for 8 months, you can get the event skins. Next year. Is Blizzard not extremely generous?

180 Likes

I will agree that without earnable rewards PVP events are pointless.

44 Likes

Same event next year, and the year after that. You can afford your first skin some time 2024 before they shut down the game.

80 Likes

I doubt there will be skins that you can earn. Probably will have other lesser items you can earn, like sprays, voice lines, souvenirs, charms, etc.

2 Likes

The point is to play the game. its only for two weeks so you dont have to worry about playing over and over again for long

I dont care about skins, i’ll play it

1 Like

Good for you. Most people do care about skins though.

62 Likes

It is good for me, if you dont want to play it then you dont have to.

I guarantee people will be playing it with me

Its not going to be dead

3 Likes

Have you ever heard of the tale of Halo Infinite and Multiverse? They had so many players at the start and then… they dropped to basically nothing. Why? Because they cared more about being greedy instead of the players and failed to keep their attention so they moved on. Go ahead look at their Steam charts if you don’t believe me.

25 million players at the start means nothing if it will quickly drop to 2 million or less because of how pointless it is to play now due to battlepasses and other expensive skins. Not to mention the other various problems with this game but this isn’t the thread for that.

62 Likes

this is exactly what I was thinking.

5 Likes

Nobody will stay engaged if you can’t unlock skins through event gameplay nuff said. They should have at least threw a few Halloween skins in the BP if this was going to be the case.

Locking all event skins behind a paywall is ridiculous and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. In all honesty, it’s stupid. There are so many ways they could make money.

This game is going to die real quick.

51 Likes

I hope they give us dailies/weekly’s for the events, that include currency to buy a skin of our choosing once we’ve completed it.

But they won’t do that, and it’ll probably be a bunch of $20 skins and a crappy repetitive event that rewards a toilet roll souvenir.

17 Likes

It’s the one thing wavering me at the moment, Earning and Saving currencies in other games to buy a character or a skin is a huge incentive for me to log in daily and play! I do love the gameplay of overwatch but if it literally becomes “Want a skin? save up for 2 years or spend real money” Then my gameplay will be very limited and I will most likely avoid putting any money into the game completely.

If it was more reasonable And fair for the F2P players too then I’d feel more encouraged to actually spend bits of money here and there throughout the games lifespan. Like I did in Overwatch 1 with the loot boxes.

9 Likes

I played the campaign myself and liked it and then moved on. I never wanted to get into the pvp anyway but i happy with the pve for what it was

Skins just dont matter in a first person game and ow2 will be ok. the pvp in halo was boring and that was their problem

they could have had the best system for skins ever and it still would have been boring pvp

1 Like

If everyone believed this then OW2 would already be offline since skins are the only profit source. You have a very childish POV and think that everyone should think like you.

27 Likes

You think everyone thinks like you bud.

A 10$ battle pass is not a big deal to people with careers. They just spend the 10$ and dont worry about it.

Skins dont have to be super important for someone to pay 10$. You are the one who doesnt get it

3 Likes

Complete and utter BS. Same concept IRL as well. Just because you enjoy walking around looking like a bum doesn’t mean everyone else does lol.

Cosmetics are a selling point, and it’s how Blizzard makes the majority of it’s profit. In-fact, all F2P games get their entire profit from selling cosmetics.

15 Likes

What does a $10 BP have to do with skins costing $20 each? You do realize most cosmetics aren’t included in the BP, right? The BP has nothing to do with event skins, bud.

8 Likes

spending 10$ isnt actually a big deal. I wouldn’t even notice that missing from my account

I still wont do it but some people will and its not a major life decision to spend the 10$

We have talked with friends about how Blizzard needs to manage this event, this will decide if we stay with OW or no most of us are day 1 players.

Like i said we are vanilla players, we have lot of skins already, if blizz makes some of them earnable for free just playing during the events, we will still play the game.

If not, hard pass for the event himself and for the game in the future.

After the first two weeks, most of our group is already not playing it anymore.
We have old problems like bad matchmaking wich only gives stomp or be stomped games(since role queue was added nothing new there) but new problems like the huge lack of polish, the gutted content both cosmetics and actual maps, the social being gone, the comp being worse experience than OW1(congrats on that one, it was hard to mess up that much) so pretty much anything who made the experience fun is gone by now.

You play some when the free hero is released and you don’t need to grind to play him and see if you like it play a bit and go elsewhere.

It’s the time of the year with plenty of new games, so we will have lot of stuff to do for the next months anyway.

We are all disapointed with the battle Pass content.
It should reward IG money instead of skins wich for most you don’t care about anyway.
With that money earned with BP you should be able to spend it the way you like during holidays events or limited time events.

8 Likes