Win Streak Bonus Removed in S10?

I can’t find any information at all online about this, it’s not in the patch notes, and so I can’t say for certain, but it seems like S10 removed win streak bonuses. After anywhere from 5-8 wins a row, it doesn’t matter, it’s always +20%, and the first loss is -20%, with the next 2 losses also being -20%. Win again? Another +20%. It seems as though competitive is just a flat +/- 20% for win/loss no matter what the streak is or in which direction.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case? If so, what exactly is the logic behind it? I get limiting the bonus, but removing it entirely makes climbing ludicrously time consuming as you need to get 5x wins in a row for each divisional rank increase.

Even playing an absolutely perfect 100% win rate, it would take you 25 games to move up a single tier. Dropping to 4-1 would double that to 50 games. Mixing it up a bit to a 5-2 average W/L would require an astonishing 70 games. Another example of 7-3 brings that number all the way up to 100 games. This would somewhat make sense as you get to much higher tiers, but it appears to apply even in the lowest.

Hopefully I’m wrong about this and the win streak just doesn’t start until 10+ or something, but even then it seems fairly ludicrous that a bronze or silver player that’s consistently winning competitive matches with a 7-3 record must play 100 games before moving up a single tier. Can anyone provide clarification on this? Frankly, climbing competitive just feels like a SK MMO style grind if this holds true and really negates any motivation to even bother.

So I’ve triggered it today by luck, and have had about 4 wins in a row on winstreak for support. So the tag is still in there.

Buuuuuuut, it hasn’t changed the adjustments much if at all. I think the highest was an uphill + winstreak giving 25%. Rest have been 22% to 23%.

Feels not functioning batman.

I’m currently 8-1 4 wins, one loss, then another 1-3 wins. No WINdow.

With all the things they change and something else breaks, I truly wonder how bad their coding is.

Unit tests
Modularity
Code branching

Like seriously.

1 Like

yeah it adds like +1% for every win on a winstreak which is a lil ridiculous esp since a lot of accounts are still ranked too low bc of the ‘rank reset’ last season it’s like they want people to play lower ranks or sth

Something definitely wrong with it. I’d laugh if it was intentional though.

But yeah, just had 3 losses in a row, 3rd got a “volatile” tag and blew 28%. Winstreak bonus tag of 8 games destroyed. Comedy perfection.

I am still happier with this than the previous ranking UI though.

1 Like

Who’s getting 20% progressions? Even on a win streak I get 15%. Currently at a 65% winrate and this game won’t let me get out of Bronze.

Volatile is a combo of the last 2 losses. It wasn’t 28% for the 1 game. The previous games progress loss was lowered to keep you in the rank before you got demoted.

1 Like

i had a win streak last night that was giving me 23 and 24% a win

I triggered it after like 8 wins, and got 21%… Loss streak triggers after 3 and then on the 4th or 5th you’re volatile and you start losing like 40.

It’s all a con.

1 Like