Win Rate Significantly Dropped and I'm Losing My Mind

Since the start of Season 9, my winrate across ALL modes (Comp, MH, OQ, QP, Arcade modes) has gone down significantly. I barely win anymore, and my losses are almost all stomps.
Even in the april fools mode I mostly lose, winning maybe 20% of the time.

I’m not throwing, I’m not playing terribly, I’m playing the same as I always have, except now I’m just losing almost all the time.
I don’t get it and it’s driving me nuts. It’s like the game just decided to put me in unwinnable matches all the time out of nowhere.

I don’t know what to do. It’s sapping my will to keep playing this game because it’s in ALL MODES.

13 Likes

Once when you accept the fact that the game is rigged to 50% winrate you won’t be worrying so much about winrate.

6 Likes

If the matchmaker will never be improved, they should allow us to have a larger avoid list. I’m thinking maybe 10.

4 Likes

I’ve heard that the season 9 hitbox changes were pretty hard on people who relied more on mechanics than game sense. Does that sound plausible for you?

1 Like

I haven’t noticed playing worse or hitting less, infact I can finally play some characters like Cassidy, who I couldn’t before since he required such pinpoint aim.

In these matches it’s more that my team (including me) is nowhere near the skill level of most of the enemy team. It’s just super obvious from the first team fight that it isn’t winnable. I’ll try, I’ll still give it my all, but it’s very obvious nothing will come of it.

I know people hate conspiracy theories here but it honestly feels like my account was marked to lose more or something. “Why would they do that, what purpose would it even serve?” I don’t know. It just feels like that, because many of these matches are unwinnable.

3 Likes

You wouldn’t be hitting less, your opponents would be hitting more. That means that you get punished harder for bad positioning or not using cover.

Keep coping :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I lost 9/10 games doing Balanced Overwatch while tryharding and playing my best heroes if that helps you to feel better

1 Like

coping is when thinking it isn’t while there are so much evidence that suggesting otherwise.

3 Likes

on my end its pairing me against triple tank comps where the rest of my team each has like 3-8 elims, 5+ deaths, and wont swap tank

im more experienced and tend to have the better kdr and playstyle, so im not sure why its always grouping me in matches of people who mostly are too greedy and push until they die, or sit in the backline doing nothing

doesn’t matter how well i perform when its 1 tank vs 3 and people die seconds after pressing W

You are the problem. :slight_smile:

No, seriously, the ranking system doesn’t work, you’re not really being rated by skill.

2 Likes

Let’s see it. Show me the evidence.

Forcing a 50% winrate is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories still going on the forums.

They can’t make a good MMR, but they can force exactly a 50% winrate on players that make their own decisions?

There is no other word to describe that theory: Absurd

5 Likes

Ofc they can. Just put you against a team who is completely outclassing you (happens all the time)
Even if you win by some miracle, it is only going to get worse the next time until you lose.

2 Likes

I asked for evidence and got anecdotal nothing. Cool.

Just open yours or anyone else’s profile info (who isn’t a new account) and they are almost guaranteed to be sitting on around 50% winrate.

And before “bUt tHiS mEaN mAtChMaKiNg iS bAlAnCeD” think again about all the stomps that happens for majority of the matches.

2 Likes

That’s not how it works.

This is a myth that needs to be dispelled.

Players who’ve had 50% win rates or better, have seen their win rates fall to under those numbers.

The population, lack of tutorials, and the attempts to fix players into a matchmaker has seen a significant drop in quality matches across all aspects of play. It has nothing to do with fixing matches, and it never has.

5 Likes

So, for your first piece of evidence, you cite something that you acknowledge doesn’t mean it’s rigged.

What incentive would there be for the devs to rig the matchmaker into producing stomps when everyone prefers close games? A conspiracy theory at least needs a sensible motive.

3 Likes

It is a leftover from the OW1 system where ppl bought the game so it is very likely it was set in place just to keep everyone equally “happy” about their purchase.

1 Like

Clearly it doesn’t do that. Next reason?

1 Like

Did you try buying something from the shop ?