Will we get Hero Origins with Overwatch 2?

Thanks to Game Informer we know we will get at least 5 launch heroes with the premiere of Overwatch 2, that’s Sojourn and unknown 4.
Besides Soldier-76, 20 heroes launched with the premiere of Overwatch didn’t get Hero Origins videos but the 11 heroes published after that.

Will we slowly learn OW2 heroes’ backstories after OW2 premiere?

1 Like

I hope so, but I’m not holding my breath, cause that’d be a lot of artwork they’d have to draw up for each origin story video

2 Likes

That’s maybe one of reasons why Overwatch 2 is so “delayed”. I mean they didn’t show release date but you see how long we are gonna wait for Overwatch 2.

I’m sure Sojourn will at least. Don’t know about all of them. Most of the original cast doesn’t have origin videos.

That’s 20 heroes besides Soldier-76.
For some of them comics, animated shorts, short stories are actual backstories but they don’t show everything we know from the heroes bios. Some of these heroes don’t have backstories even like that at all.

I would be great if OW2 launch heroes will get Origins videos.

As long as they don’t detract too much manpower from the main artist staff and writers I don’t mind this-however I imagine it would mean Nesskesain (forgot how to spell) will be busy as they appear to be the only artist who does the origin stories.