Will we finally have A New Story Achieves Mission in 2022?

So far it’s been about I say atleast 2 to 3 years since 2019 when we had a actually story mod campaign for Achieves but in 2020 to 2021 there wasn’t any New Missions at all in terms of exploring more of the Downfall for Overwatch or Talion campaign mode or anything and I got a feeling we may or may not have 2022 Achieves Event New Mission Mode. It’s a because I would like to see more story being added into the World of Overwatch and rather than wait for a year for the story missions. I actually would love it if Blizzard would actually put them as a single player mode kind of like what TF2 did with Mann vs Bots and etc.

If Archieves 2022 might do a New Mission Campaign instead of Skins. I would love to see the Downfall of the End of the Overwatch where Soldier/Jack fights off against Reyes/Reaper in like a Friend vs Used to be Friend kind of deal and the Base explodes after the battle and then we start going into overwatch 2 would be a like a nice prequel in a way.

What do you think?

1 Like

would be nice, but very unlikely as OW2 is getting closer and closer. The developers also have enough to do to get the current heroes for 5v5 ready for the OWL.

In addition, these PvE missions are basically the same and shallow gameplay anyway and the only relevant thing is the lore. (hopefully the OW2 PvE will be better)

And there will definitely be new skins, as many skins are made by external companies and are therefore relatively little effort for Team 4.

2 Likes

I’d love to see some new Archive mission, but if they intend to do a new PVE mission before OW2 launch, I feel it would be in a way to get people interested into buying OW2, more a PVE alpha/beta. Get people hooked on the PVE aspect and the lore.

I won’t get my hopes up for anything new for the Archives tho. Unless OW 2 launch is closer than we all thought…

1 Like

It MUST be a Talon mission with Doomfist, Baptiste, Sombra and either Widowmaker or Sigma. Probably not against Null Sector but against Omnic Crisis bots (so just orange null sector). Or just add a mission creating mode in custom games with actual PvE enemies and not just soldier 76, wrecking ball etc.

1 Like

Short Answer: No
Long Answer: No.

The purpose of Archives were to set up the backstory of the current conflict - Uprising shows the tension between humans and omnics, Retribution showed how Blackwatch got exposed and Overwatch came under scrutiny (and establishes Reyes before he was Reaper), and Storm Rising established Maximilien’s character and set up the partnership between Talon and Null Sector. It has served its purpose, and I don’t expect us to get any new missions - in fact, I expect Archives to be replaced by a new event in OW2

Every PvE mission is a 4 player mission. There weren’t enough participants in that fight for it to be a playable mission.

2 Likes

No, why would they develop a mission on an inferior engine version?

1 Like

well, it would be almost too much to hope to see even just the playable demo of Blizzcon 2019. no, I don’t think at all we will see an Archives mission so full of expectations. not during this functional rework process of the game where the possibility of changing the classification of heroes is thoroughly analyzed (eg doomfist tank).

in reality the idea of historical skins like in 2021 was not bad but … it is too unpopular to propose again, in my opinion. not in this hunger for solid reality for the franchise.

I would say that we will have to seriously understand when and how this 5v5 process ends before any other pve expectations. mine is not pessimism, but an approach with great caution with high expectations.

I hope it’s the demo from blizzcom from two years ago.

Ow league players will be playing on a early build of ow2, then why not letting us play a single story quest?

1 Like