Will Visor.gg be banned?

I had no idea that Sombra’s hack did that. Thanks for pointing out that little detail.

1 Like

As I said in the other thread, I wouldn’t want my statement to go unnoticed because people get confused by logical arguments.

So, being coached by a GM is a cheat too and should be a bannable offense.

Do you know how many GM’s have been coached, have done coaching, and actually get paid real life money to do so?

Those GM’s are giving this info to people which gives some people an unfair advantage over others, and GM’s even make money off it.

Soooo, by the #interlogic in this thread… Most GM’s and all twitch streamers/youtube streamers should be banned from the game for cheating, and giving out information to people unfairly.

Or giving out this information to those people with the deepest wallets.

I think the big issue (and MAJOR difference) is that those coachings happen after the game is finished most of the time. This app coaches as the game is currently going.

Don’t get me wrong. I honestly don’t care. I think people are just getting hung up on the ult guesstimator.

Actually that does put up a good point…

Let’s say you are twitch streaming, live in real-time. And you’re losing terribly because you don’t know who to switch to. If someone in the chat tells you who you should switch to, and you take their advice and end up winning the game. Is that classified as cheating then? Wouldn’t that mean that having chat open while twitch streaming overwatch should also be banned, since it would allow such behavior?

D: woah…

1 Like

Right because no one ever uses voice chat systems to communicate their knowledge in any game ever created in history in real time, before or after.

I am not saying it can’t happen. I am just saying that usually the coaching happens post match.

It will probably not be banned if they agree to Overwatch Terms that are going to be put when they actually verify the app, but if they don’t it will probably get banned

And yes, it is classified as cheating, by definition it’s called Ghosting. And Ghosting first appeared about 20-25 years ago, in Quake, which was fixed by restricting spectator modes to only the team the person is playing for via mods.

You know kind of like World of Warcraft has mods that announces when 1 shot boss mechanics are going to happen (That blizzard officially endorses)

Some of the glorious posters in this thread and the 5 other threads have stated this software is classified as ghosting.

Well then, guess what.

Time for a whole new generation of gamers in overwatch because MOST diamonds Masters and GM’s should banned for giving the same information out to lesser skilled players giving them an unfair advantage against people in their own rank.

Honestly if its true good for them. I get its blizzards property and 100% in their right to do that but people had been begging for a classic wow almost nonstop.

1 Like

Fair enough, I have no issue with that statement.

1 Like

Indeed, how could anyone consider a third-party program that gives the player in question an advantage cheating?

Whoever said it had to be a 3rd party program?

Just because it is, doesn’t mean Bliz can’t officially sponsor/support it.

You know kind of like they did with World of Warcraft?

Or the fact that in old school professional FPS tournaments these mods were adopted by the Professional gaming scene for the purpose OF Professional gaming.

But I guess if you weren’t alive then, then we can’t expect you to have the knowledge unless you google searched it.

Here’s a keyword you can start with “Orange Smoothie Productions (OSP)” Here’s another, “CPMA” and another “Rocket Arena” and another “Clan Arena” and another “Counter Strike” (And I don’t mean counter strike now, I mean counter strike 20 years ago.)

If you’re so bad that you need this program to assist you, you will NEVER, EVER be close to competing with pros.

World of Warcraft is designed for mods with a modding API and scripting engine built it. The available api functions and scripting engine intentionally limits the functionality of mods to stay within WoW’s TOS.

Overwatch, on the other hand, is not designed to use any 3rd party tools. There is no mod api, there’s no scripting engine, there’s NOTHING to suggest that Blizzard is OK with 3rd party software replacing the player’s need to develop a fundamental game sense skill set.

Tracking ults, knowing where your team is and what’s happening elsewhere, knowing that other team is trickling…ect ect, these are skills as fundamental to this game as aim is. Using software to artificially assist you because you don’t have these skills is objectively cheating.

Dude, Blizzard won’t even bad you for aimbots. Why would they care about a damn statistics app?

LOL what? They ban AIM bots constantly. One thing Blizzard is known for is their intolerance for cheating. They even spent quite a bit of money litigating Bossland out of business. Go find some cheating sites on google and you can literally read tons of threads about getting banned, and cheats getting detected. If you don’t see it happening it doesn’t mean it’s not happening, and just because a widow or someone has better aim than you doesn’t mean they’re cheating.

It will if ppl keep talking about it

Ive seen pros use Visor, which honestly makes me want it banned, just to see how bad they are afterwards.

I don’t see how that’s cheating, seems like all it does is give you feedback about your own performance.

The only useless thing I’ve notice is the healing part, why would you need this when you can see your teammates health, and there’s voice chat in the game?

considering visor has only been open to the public for like a week, they won’t be any worse.