Will Visor.gg be banned?

I see a lot of discussion about this… “Visor.gg” application.

Some think it’s cheating, others thing that it is okay to use.

It would be nice to have some official confirmation from the devs, confirming whether or not we can use it. So… devs, is visor.gg okay to use?

2 Likes

Oh, it’ll be banned, cos the pros can’t possibly have competition from us normies, that doesn’t fit their narrative.

Honestly though, it should stay IMO. Nothing it does can’t be done by anyone who pays attention to their own game, even watching ults (I do it myself). If it decreases the amount of stupid in overwatch though, I’m all for it.

6 Likes

I think we need more threads to be sure.

I personally don’t use it and don’t care if it stays or goes, but I don’t see it being banned.

I think the biggest thing that MIGHT happen is that Blizz asks them to remove the Ult Guesstimator.

It shouldn’t and i t won’t I think.
But w/e, u know bliz, you have to get reported using it multiple times, so gl

If Blizz bans it, then they will already be tracking people that use it. Reports won’t be needed to get banned. Blizz already scans your computer to check if you are running black listed programs. They would merely have to add this program to that list.

The dev responsible needs to be hired and Visor.gg incorporated into a practice game mode.

The app becomes obsolete, Overwatch gets a Comp practice mode, a community member’s hard work gets rewarded.

It’s a triple win.

4 Likes

Will it? Eventually yes, I’d say by the end of the month. Maybe a little into september cause they wouldn’t wanna overlap their statement banning it with gamescom at all. It’ll be big news so they’ll be careful on when they do it. But trust me, they WILL eventually ban this, it’s simply a matter of time.

You won’t probably be banned for using it right now tho unless blizz support goes rogue.

1 Like

It’ll never be banned. People are outraged for no reason at all and want something to be mad about.

2 Likes

Should it be banned?

In my opinion, absolutely. It tells you stuff like “Genji ult in 10 seconds” which removes the skill of ult tracking, and gives you an unfair advantage.

Will it be banned?

I don’t know. A developer needs to respond. I am not a developer.

3 Likes

Then it should be banned. If an application replaces the need to pay attention, then that is a competitive advantage.

5 Likes

You do understand that you can see people ultimate in kill cam, not like people had to anyways. Also once you get killed by genji you realize that it beyond accurate. When had a diamond game against a smurf he was getting blade every 20 seconds and nano-boost. The program didn’t know that.

If you’re dying enough that you can constantly keep tabs on the enemy ultimates, you’re doing something wrong.

3 Likes

^THIS^

I would say at least 1534958702834 more threads

Doubt it will ever be banned. The company behind it raised millions for it’s development, money talks. I can almost guarantee that they will have to remove the ult tracking though. That is clearly a violation.

In a game where people downplay aim and believe that there are “other skills” in Overwatch, it does not surprise me than an app that basically does what they can do is so heavily considered “cheating.” Like, seriously, cheating? I doubt developers will ban it, otherwise, they would have already weighed in. That being said, they might change their mind because of the amount of overwhelmingly bad players that want to cling to whatever niche “skills” they have to try and validate themselves over better players.

They can’t ban it so easily as cheating app… its a game analytic platform and the start up behind it is transparent. As I saw at their website… they are heavily funded too

Except it doesn’t work if you don’t capitalize on it. I could still beat a player at my skill level who uses it and I don’t, because I can keep up. Can’t keep up? Git gud scrub ;).

Yes, but because they have so much funding, I am sure that if Blizz wants something to change in the app, the investors will push hard to have it changed so as to not risk the app being banned altogether.

The analytics side of the app is fine. I think if the Ult Guesstimator was removed, the app would not even be an issue at all.

3 Likes

These are my thoughts as well. My guess is that the reason we haven’t had an official response is that negotiations are taking place.

1 Like

the thing is though, it’s so wildly inaccurate as to be useless. in 4 matches I’ve had this notification come up once and it was for a D.va who ulted 10 seconds prior to the notification.

as far as the dev team goes, I’ve seen two people on forums so far who have contacted customer support and been told two different things. the first said that they couldn’t give an official list of banned apps but that so long as it’s not giving an unfair advantage or automating any task, then it’s allowed. the second straight up laughed and said it’s not allowed.