Will there really be no Archives missions?

It seems like a missed opportunity, with the whole Mirrorwatch theme on-going and the S10 titles being “talon operative” etc.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s OW2’s whole thing.

17 Likes

They probably cant just load it in from ow1, they need to update it

2 Likes

There was that one in London, which I thought was going to be the first in a series, but I guess I was wrong :laughing:

Porting over and updating the OW1 Archives missions would be a great way to win over some goodwill with the community and make use of some of the assets they’re sitting on from the presumably-scrapped PVE content.

For example, they likely have new/better Talon assets that we haven’t seen yet. An updated version of Retribution and Storm Rising would be pretty great. It would be a good opportunity to use those extra sections of Rialto and Havana that has been in the game since 2022, as well.

6 Likes

At the end of ow1, the devs stated that the remix weeks were “the last chance” to play the archives missions.

That said, i’d love for them to come back.
And maybe enabe a non canon all heroes mode for the pve missions with some difficulty scaling according to the amount of damage output of the team, or limit tanks to 2 per team for that.

They did give a non canon all heroes mode for the old archives missions after all.

1 Like

A good idea that VBlizzard could do is release all of the archive missions and have it where it is Mirrowwatch.

Microsoft doesnt care, its not going to make them money.

The game is in maintenance mode and MS really doesnt give a darn about ow1 nostalgia

“Maintenance mode” with new hero and map releases lol.

1 Like

New maps and heroes is the least they can do while still calling it an actively developed live service game. It would just be a static game if they didnt do this bare minimum

You’re right. I forgot new events, season passes, collaborations and core game modes too.

2 Likes

I didnt forget, everything you listed sucks tbh. The game isnt getting enough for me to say its not in maintenance mode, and thats what matters

events- low effort, worse than other games.suck
BP- really sucks
collab- cost too much, suck
new modes- all suck

Let me know if they ever add anything good again

So its turned from “the game is in maintenance mode” to “there’s actually lots of new content but I don’t like it”.

Ok.

3 Likes

With them removing anything PVE related to the game I’m not surprised to see they are not even bringing back previous archive missions.

Buuuuut…

You arguing they suck doesn’t mean the game is in “maintenance mode”.

They are putting time and money into the game, I dunno what point you are even trying to make.

“i don’t like it, so it doesn’t count” :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: ahhh comment

Thats how it works, i have to like it for it to count

You listed a BP as a good reason too when its not at all. The events have not been worth my time either, thats what matters. A bunch of low effort crap and selling stuff in the shop

My opinion is fact.
Says me.
Yes, the world was made for me.
And if I don’t like it, it’s not allowed to exist.

Its means they are not making anything new that I actually care about. She listed the BP of all things as an argument and its not a good one. They can put a bunch of skins in the shop and its still maintenance mode

Ah, so you just don’t actually know what “maintenance mode” means then, I guess.

:person_shrugging:

My fault I guess. I assumed you had some clue what you were talking about.