Will Sym be continued to be ignored to Beta 3?

So Sym is currently a highly debated hero.

But no matter could or not be changed, Devs will have to address Sym eventually.

She seems to have not been touched for OW2 beta yet besides the whole DPS group speed passive.

We know for Beta 2 so far, we will see Mercy, Moira and Ana changes. (along with a possible new hero.)

But Sym seems so far, seems to be ignored again.

I am starting to question if Sym will be ignored again for the next Beta.

Or will she be ignored all the way to OW2 PVP release.

(Also starting questioning how much this OW2 beta 2 will have… or will it just a repeat of OW Beta 1.)

9 Likes

Dunno, here’s my current scribbles on Symm

Unified Energy Theory (Passive)
All damage from primary/secondary/sentries charge up primary fire and alternate fire
And deployables build speed

Primary
Good beam ramp
140, 160, 180

Secondary
Faster low charge prjectiles (I.e. Deep Rock)
Can air burst large projectiles

(Or charge level determines orb projectile speed regardless of orb warmup level)
Secondary orb charge speed is faster at high charge

Teleport
Instant TP, TP has 1000hp
Limited duration
Cooldown starts when deployed
No sentry bombing, no sentry teleporting at all
TP on cooldown at start of match (Long one for OWL/Contenders) or until a point is contested

Sentry (all sentries throw out as smaller barriers, invuln on front, destroyable sentry behind) if you throw one barrier, then second barrier, the first barrier disables

Ult gives Symmetra uninterruptible 30hps shieldhealth regen (does not stack with passive shieldhealth regen, can fill missing whitehealth with shieldhealth, all health is reset to normal when Ult ends)
Instant level 3 charge for whole duration of Ult

Light show emotes, like 3d drawings of prettyflashy magic spell casts, different cast per skin

Give her personality of Guard, pistol girl in brotherhood

Speed boost drafting barrier, linked to Lucio tech, like Mei paint the ground with ice

Teleporter is light pillars to start, unusable and invincible during build)

Barriers do bubble slow pop splash animation (or slow burning a leaf, dead burn enemy in drg)

Honestly I just want to see what Devs are going to do or wanting to do.

So I can go “Why are you giving her an actual taxi and turning her into a Tank!!!”

Seriously I am tired of Sym being a joke for the Devs from day 1.

Its just not funny… ever.

3 Likes

This looks so busted

Also for the “until contest point” contesting the payload or bot isn’t really hard, getting to a point can use like sombra, so it’d only be an issue in KotH in which case you just don’t pick her I guess

To be fair, the entire situation is bust.

Devs being silent about it, always backfires like opening to a room filled with magma.

1 Like

Maybe haven’t really balanced it fully, or formatted it.

But generally the idea is remove sentry bombs, and remove early game taxi service.

Then roll out the buffs

That said, oddly in liking the speed boost concept more than the barrier.

1 Like

I kinda doubt Sym will be changed much in beta 2, supports are likely the main focus considering the feedback from beta 1. If Sym does get some major changes it’ll likely be beta 3 or after

I wouldn’t call it ignoring her as much as there are other priorities that need to come first

4 Likes

Ignoring a problem doesn’t make it go away.

It will eventually explode, causing even more problems if this continues. (again)

It kinda does though.

Make a hero suck, and they basically don’t exist.

5 Likes

Till it interacts with a new hero, making a game breaking combo.

Which causes both to get heavily nerfed right away.

And Nerfs are never fun.

Sym should not be ignored.

1 Like

She’s not being ignored they’ve already mentioned they’re looking at her but she’s not the priority for beta 2 more than likely

2 Likes

Most likely, they’ll slap a few band-aid buffs on (that’ll probably just end up reverted and/or counter nerfed in no time) and call it a day.

Sadly seems they’re currently ignoring her need for another real rework.

2 Likes

You’d think they should at least give Symm “something” even if it’s not enough to fix the character.

Like for instance, Sentries and Teleporter are invulnerable during building and flight.

Even if it’s something that doesn’t get kept in beta #3. Just “something” that’s fresh.

Extremely likely, for the sole reason that all of Syms defining characteristics are near impossible to implement until the devs figure out what the ow2 meta should be like- things are just too open ended right now.

The crazy part is that this holds across varying and sometimes mutually exclusive definitions of what those characteristics are.

1 Like

Nah, if current Sym made (for example) Sojourn broken, they’d only nerf Sym.

Sym, Junkrat and whoever else are out of luck for the time being because like Poytheon said, DPS are not the priority right now. Sorting out queue times is the priority, and that means tanks and supports are going to be in the limelight for the most part. I’m not saying it should be this way but it’s the unfortunate truth.

I’d still expect some token changes to Sym/Junk, just to say they did something.

Okay, fair enough, a tweak or two might happen, like giving her back 225 HP. But as far as this goes:

I’m not sure the devs themselves know what they want to do with Sym right now. Anything serious isn’t coming any time soon.

I’d love to be proven wrong by the devs though!

1 Like

Sym doesn’t need much , she’s good against bunker tanks like rissa , sigma , rein but really bad against any other, what I’d suggest is they

• balance shift her primary charge from 60 -80
  • 2ndry charge duration now stays for 3 seconds
  • sym can now deploy 2 types of tp
  1. Tp1 , press keybind and press left click , will deploy a tp faster than the current tp and will give symmetra a speed buff of 10% , only symmetra can use this tp , this tp cd will start on deploy , very much like the sym 3.1 tp version , cd is 8 seconds

2. Tp2, press keybind then press right click , will deploy the current tp which can be taken by the whole team , is infinite but no speed buffs , cd is 10 seconds
    Press the tp keybind twice to cancel the tp

Sym players wont want this. She is a low pickrate, niche hero that people hate playing against. Lets look at what they did to Mei, Reaper and Junkrat in OW2 which fall in the same category and see if changes will make her more enjoyable to play.

What’s that? Those 3 heroes got nerfs across their kits and were made significantly less enjoyable and more annoying to play? Oh right.

Trust me Sym mains, you don’t want them touching her because it will just be mass nerfs or reworks by the balance team who clearly don’t play the heroes or have any idea how to make them fun.

3 Likes

Well Junk is probably getting buffs, Reaper is high tier in OWL right now.

Mei…yeah.

But Sombra and Bastion for instance were in a similar problem tier, and now they are legitimately fun outside of a very niche audience.