Will Sigma Regain His Sanity?

I’d imagine it’d bring some closure to the character. He’d be the puppet that finally has no strings to hold him down, and heck, maybe he’d even work with the Overwatch team if his head is clear. He seemed to be just minding his own business as an astrophysicist though before he got captured by Talon, so I don’t know if he’d be down with assisting an Interpol task force if it means he’d sacrifice his time spent on his research…

Thoughts? :innocent:

6 Likes

It’s not easy to “regain sanity”.

1 Like

He hasn’t lost his sanity exactly?

That’s what Chu said about him :

“It’s interesting, because I can see how people in the community have identified with Sigma as someone who is struggling or dealing with mental health issues,” Chu said. “But with the idea of the character, we never intended him to be an example of someone who’s going through mental health issues. He’s really supposed to be more focused on this very specific thing that happened to him, which is that his body and his mind were literally ripped apart by the momentary exposure to a black hole.

“With other aspects of his character, he’s certainly supposed to be eccentric. The idea behind that is more just that he sees the world a little differently. We liked this idea that he had this connection to music. So, for example, the way that he thinks about the universe, gravity, and physics, is through this prism of music. From experience talking to physicists and especially theoretical physicists is that other things that aren’t literally just the equation or the mathematics have influenced the way in which they interpret things. And so that’s the direction we went with him.”

But Talon freed him, helped him - but he is unaware that his reseacrh and discoveries are going to be used for their own goals (and potentially get people killed) He may not even know that it’s Talon that it’s using him, because that’s what was said :

“It’s also interesting for Sigma because he’s not necessarily a card carrying believer in Talon,” said Chu. “He’s sort of not there because he wants to be. So we thought that added interesting character to his backstory. I think it’s also interesting to see another scientist in Talon, and I’m looking forward to his interactions with Moira. That’ll be pretty good.”

There are other groups that make up Talon,” adds Chu. “Especially for someone like Sigma, I imagine they set him up with his own lab somewhere. So he’s not like… walking down the hallway, bumping into Reaper.”

So he may work in a lab that isn’t labelled “TALON” but that is still working with them ( I think of Sigma a bit like Symmetra on this case - working without knowing her boss is affiliated with Talon) - (and he also remind me of Torbjörn, whose defense systems’ were given an AI whithout his consent and therefore created Bastions)

6 Likes

yeah, I hope sigma regains touch with reality again, it’d be neat to see… especially seeing his decision as to what side he’s on.

1 Like

It’s hard to regain health after those sorts of traumas if u kinda compare it to real life events. Those who go “mad” or lose their neuro connections (synapses) are hard (if not impossible) to regain their normal healthy brain. As u well know neurons won’t go through cell division as normal cells so whats lost is lost.

Don’t forget that his is pure science fiction. Healing in the world of Overwatch has nothing to little to do with our capacity to heal nowadays. Talon obviously had access to resources that the facility he was before didn’t have.

Going back to Sigma, he has voicelines not yet implemented in game and he seems doing well - enjoying the cabaret, working in his lab and solving equations, doing experiments.

5 Likes

Exactly this! I wanna see complete interactions already. It’s been too long - almost 10 months already

3 Likes