Will Hero 28 be another female?

It’s Antonio and he’s a tank
let me dream
also who rlly cares tho–and I want more male eye candy and Im saying that

A male omnic would be cool.
Junkertown Queen sounds cool too but think they’d rather keep her as an npc since her voicelines on the map would be weird. :neutral_face:
I don’t think it really matters in the end and will be happy either way; as long as heroes continue to feel well designed and avoid the “street fighter-esque batch of stereotypes” that normally happens in hero-based games, then I think we’ll be alright.

Also, from the batch of named male npcs that everyone keeps asking for, I would want Hammond the most because he feels like a potential hero vs Maximillion/Antonio/Liao (maybe)/etc – we know barely anything about him so Blizzard could really explore and make something fun and unique! (I have to admit though; they did turn Brigitte into a hero despite revealing her as a side character so it is possible.)

Wow, an entire 1 character in-game that’s a lesbian.

That’s 3 confirmed straight characters, and I don’t see people complaining that their sexuality defines them. Yet, if someone wants an LGBT hero, clearly they just want that hero to be defined by it.

No he doesn’t, but she’s his daughter. Meaning that Torbjorn is confirmed to be straight (at least) and that’s within the game itself.

Referenced within the game itself

I want more LGBT heroes in game, but I’m not asking for a gay guy that throws rainbows and screeches gay cliches every 2 seconds. I want it to be part of their lore, and I don’t see an issue with that. I mean, if it really doesn’t matter that much, I don’t see why you’d even bother arguing about it. Not trying to be rude, but if you don’t care about the gender of a character, why are you even in this thread?

2 Likes

I’d love a syrian hero, though thats never happening.

the game was launched w/ a huge gender imbalance my dude. officially w/ Brigitte, we have reached 13 men, 13 women + one bastion who officially is neither. The game launched w/ 12 dudes and 8 women. it made sense for blizzard, which is trying to craft a more progressive, inclusive image w/ Overwatch, to correct a pretty huge imbalance. Therefore, they spent a lot of time releasing female heroes. now that the scales are finally even. yeah. I would say we can start to see more men be added to the cast. Here are my thoughts on possibilities though.

1. Athena
    They’ve wanted her in there since before launch, she has a design, and furthermore since she’d likely a DPS from her design, it would even out that scale some…
  2. Liao
    The only founding member of Overwatch we’ve not seen anything about, probably was in the cancelled comic about the crisis. I’m sure everyone’s noticed that the story of overwatch has come to a crawl. ironing out major players like Liao would have to come first.
  3. Hammond
    It’d make sense if, when they dropped the changes to horizon, gave us all a little more sense of Hammonds role in the story. Historically when map changes occur we see story changes on the horizon.
  4. Emre
    He was only name dropped, but it was a pretty significant name drop, when they were releasing Brigitte. They could have mentioned Jack Morrison, or gabriel reyes. but they gave us Emre. I don’t think he’ll come for a while, though.
  5. Lynx Seventeen
    A major player in Zarya’s comic, and another “hacker” type hero would, frankly, be very interesting. A nonbinary robot, while not necessarily groundbreaking, would be a way for blizz to reaffirm its ideals.
  6. Maximilian
    Another omnic, he’s played a role in the background a lot, however now that talon’s been rounded out with the additions of Moira, Sombra, and Doomfist, i doubt we’ll see another addition there for a while.
  7. Junker Queen
    You know? We only really have her face and her voice…i doubt we’ll see her for a while until there’s changes to Junkertown (ie, getting rid of her commentary on the intercom)
2 Likes

Considering things like gender and sexuality don’t matter to alot of people on here, I don’t think anyone would mind if we had another female hero

I mean, it’s all about the gameplay right ?

I look forward to more female heroes - as well as male, omnic, animal, anything heroes… At the end of the day, yes - it is absolutely about great gameplay, but varied new character lauches can help keep the game interesting, and inspiring for everyone :smiley:

doomfist was only added because the fans only wanted him