Will Hero 28 be another female?

Out of 6 new heroes added since launch, Doomfist has been the only one that’s not a female… While I love all the ladies that have been added to this game, I feel like some variety may be in order for Hero 28? :upside_down_face:

80 Likes

I hope not unless it’s Sanjay or Maximaxi

11 Likes

It’s probably that other Gorilla that’s like Winston. I mean thats what I gather from the clues in Petra.

8 Likes

Hammond I think his name was?

5 Likes

Yea! We could use another non human character honestly lol

27 Likes

It seems like the most likely (or at least most talked about) are:

• Maximilien
  • Hammond
  • Junker Queen
  • And Greek man… yeah

So pretty decent odds based off of these picks (I may have missed some)

16 Likes

Yes! And since they said jetpack cat is out of the question that leaves us with winston’s moon brothers and sisters

3 Likes

Most of the speculated side characters at the moment are male. Unless Blizzard makes a totally original character, it’ll probably be one of them.

Examples:
Liao (Although it’s possible they are a female)
Maximillian
Sanjay
Hammond
Emre

The only female people talk about is Junker Queen. I don’t think that’s coming soon.

I personally want a Greek hero with Spartan influences in his kit, but then again we can’t get everything we want.

9 Likes

Currently there are 12 male 12 female and 3 misc. heroes.

Conclusion - I don’t even know what you want.

25 Likes

New hero:
Greek Man

lore: grew up in Greece during omnic crisis. ate gyros and spanakopita. danced the zorba every day. not much happened. he’s very loud and likes to yell a lot.

31 Likes

IF there is a pattern to their releases, then it’s 3 females, 1 male, supposedly 3 females and then 1 male. Meaning next up we probably have junkerqueen, and then idk John Manguy

1 Like

I’ve heard of all of them except for Emre and Sanjay. Who are they in the lore?

I just want Athena to be the next hero.

Change my mind…

8 Likes

Honestly I would like some more male hero’s, but Junkerqueen is my future wife so she can be next, thats fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Sanjay is Symmetra’s boss in VIshkar, and has been seen on Talon’s council.
Emre was mentioned as a Turkish Overwatch member in part of Brigitte’s teases, and was on the mission where Torbjorn lost his arm.

r/EmreMains was a joke subreddit that existed after that teaser, but basically died once Brigitte was confirmed.

2 Likes

Well now they can actually do male and females back and forth if they choose. There are now 13 males and 13 females. Bastion has no gender.

4 Likes

It doesn’t really matter to me, the characters are always great anyways and i choose my mains of of abilities, even if they did add another female there’s still 12 female and 13 male presently, 14 if you count bastion, so it wouldn’t really matter anyways.

Edit: i counted again and there’s 13 males and 13 females if you don’t count bastion, my point still stands though.

2 Likes

I like it, he has about as much lore as D.va and Lucio do lol

5 Likes

Dva:
Played video games and was recruited for the army just cuz.

I’m really hoping for Hammond - and I hope he is a small crazy monkey, with a tanky exoskeleton that climbs and destroys or something! Different from Dva of course :heart_eyes:

1 Like