Will blizzard add NANO COLA D.VA skin in lootbox in the future?

Last time I have done the HOS stuff and blizzard added them into the common lootbox few months later which is a little disappointing, so will they add this too? Or is this like the charity mercy skin, only obtainable at this event?

They added the HOTS akin in the base lootboxes because not everyone had acces to a pc to unlock them. This is not the case with the Dva skin.

But I wouldn’t have any problems if they added it in lootboxes. It’s just an epic skin that can easily be unlocked right now.

1 Like

I say just have the event again in the future. Maybe have it save progress for those that claim they can’t get 9 wins in a 2 week time. Not sure how though but ok.

If they keep doing these with heroes maybe make a special loot box that only contains these skins that you can get from each of these events when they happen.

1 Like

Can I necro this? I’d like an official answer on the matter. And btw, 2018 OWL All-Stars?

1 Like

Skins like the D.Va Nano Cola are listed as Legacy items in the Hero Gallery filters. This means items with this mark are not intended to be available again in the game (however there are some caviats I am trying to resolve about that -cough- Demon Hunter Sombra -cough-).

Technically none of the OWL items are marked as Legacy yet, but I don’t think any limited time offerings (All-Star skins, Jjonak skin) will return either.

That being said, never say never. As a forum MVP, I don’t speak for Blizzard, however I am hopeful we can get some firm answers on important questions like these.

On a side note, this was not a grievous necrobump as you were asking a fair question. However, don’t be afraid to start a new topic on a question like this if you can’t find a recent thread. Necrobumping triggers notifications and can provoke some troll-like comments.

6 Likes

If you get Demon Hunter Sombra (which was a BlizzCon 2018 goodie) make sure to push on 2016’s Bastion, which I’m missing.

I don’t expect BlizzCon goodies to be available, though, tbh, people (myself included, though I missed 2016) spent real money for them, so I see them not coming back at all. But stuff that was free like Nano-Cola D.Va, or League skins that continue to require League tokens sound more achievable.

I would get them not adding 2016 Bastion, 2017 Winston and 2018 Sombra (though crossover skins, like Demon Hunter Sombra and Kerrigan Widowmaker should be available all year round) for free, since many who paid for them would yell about it, and they can’t set them in a special real money shop either. I’m at peace with never getting that 2016 Bastion, but I want Nano-Cola D.Va an 2018 All-Stars skins.

PS. Some weird browser bug showed me your entire post in green on my post, and mine, also in green, on yours xD

The reason why Demon Hunter Sombra is a concern of the community is that while it is now listed as a Legacy skin, is because according to a news blog post on the official BlizzCon website, the skin was supposed to be made available sometime in 2019. Concerns have greatly increased since this skin was marked as a Legacy item in April. The previous two BlizzCon skins (Bastion and Winston) are Epic class skins with the BlizzCon branding on them, so it’s really not anticipated they will ever be made available again.

I am a bit confused by this. Are you saying your own text appeared in green? Please note, my text is supposed to appear in green as I am a forum MVP. If you quote any text of mine without manipulating it, the green atribute will remain in the quote block (same for Blizzard Reps [blue] and Overwatch Devs [orange]).

Didn’t know about that! Makes sense, though, Crossover skins should not be limited time offers (again, same goes for Kerrigan’s, even with the Nova skin available). I wouldn’t complain whatsoever if all of them became available within, let’s say, anniversary lootboxes, so I could have a chance at that 2016’s Bastion.

Both our text appeared in green, and in the opposite order (my text on your reply, your text in my original comment). It got fixed by refreshing the page, that’s why I said it was just a weird browser bug. Found it worth mentioning because for a second there I thought that instead of answering to me you had edited my post, which felt really weird :stuck_out_tongue:

It wouldn’t be a bad idea if one day blizzard created a best of OWL loot box system, even if it;s a limited time. It gives those who are new to the game an opportunity to claim skins they feel are the best for their favorite heroes. I missed out on the jjonak skin and it truly saddens me that i did. Seeing that i’m also new the game literally starting last week i’ve been enjoying myself, but slightly stressed that i missed out on a skin that i believe to be the best.

I was told that you can find and see almost every past skin in the filters, considering i can’t view the jjonak skin with the filters, makes me hopeful that maybe it’s because there will be a re release ( I know that silly thinking). I was going to mention to do an un-vaulting from a vote, but we all know pink mercy will win. A fair way would be through a loot box, loot boxes that follow the same rules as the ones already. Chances for duplicates and all. Put sprays and other skins in there. If you get a duplicate turn it into OWL tokens, make it different from the currency in the game so you can’t unlock them afterwards.

This is a good way to make the community happy and also profit in the business. I’m just one voice though, so hopefully i can have a loud enough voice to reach some important ears.

Thing with Pink Mercy, same as Origins Edition, is that those skins were bought exclusively with real world money. Maybe Pink Mercy can be added to the Origins Edition list of skins, but I don’t think they’ll ever add it to the lootbox system

1 Like

I just made this point at a different post, but maybe they should re-release skins but tweak them differently so they are not technically the original.
Have it to were it’s similar but different so others can tell it’s not the 1st edition. So that the original skin still holds it’s value. That way as a new player we can still have the opportunity to have a skin that’s similar.

1 Like

The one problem there is that I will want both xD

I didn’t play this game back when skins like Pink Mercy, Nano Dva and Bastet Ana were available. Really hope at least one of them is re-released in the future.

The added Officer D.Va and Oni Genji (which were cross-game promotions) to the regular lootboxes. It would be nice to have Nano, Bastet and Combat Medic in there as well, as I’m guessing last Summer Games challenges will be added to next year lootboxes as well

see it’s moments like that which brings hope to many of us that a certain skin would return. The fact in which they add the events of the past constantly in the new events so new players can still enjoy them is unfair when they choose to lock out other skins.
I’m still really mad about the JJONAK skin, missing out on that one really upset me. But i’m staying hopeful that it will come back around, even maybe towards the end of the playoffs, if not hopefully next year. It should be a yearly accomplishment to always remember the milestone. But blizzard is about dishing out one time events and never looking back no matter how many people ask.

1 Like

Thought I had said it here, but it must have been in a different thread. I thought of a way to get Pink Mercy back, as well as almost every limited time skin.

Running charities is a well established policy within Blizzard. For years, now, WoW has had mount + pet combos in the shop that run for charity for a limited time, and then remain there with the profits for them. I will not EVER advocate for a real money shop within Overwatch; there’s enough already with the ability to buy loot boxes and League tokens, BUT!

Since Blizzard has this history with running charities, let’s say run a second Breast Cancer Awareness charity, and they create a Pink Pharah/Tracer/Zarya/Widowmaker/etc skin for it. If that were to happen, Pink Mercy could also be available for those who missed it.

Now, let’s say they run a different charity. Just to play the opposite, let’s say it’s about Testicular Cancer Awareness (as Deadpool’s TV spots). Then they could add a Royal Blue (that’s the ribbon for testicular cancer) Reaper/Reinhardt/Soldier/Junkrat/etc. In that scenario, Pink Mercy could also be re-attainable.

In this spirit, the same can be done with League skins: Every time a new pair of All-Stars, a new MVP or a new Champions skin skin is released, the old ones become available for purchase once again; in the same spirit as seasonal skins.

Following this train of thought, old Challenge skins could appear in Lootboxes every time there’s a challenge running (and since challenges only last one week and the lootbox drop is random, maybe the skins could be available for one extra week afterwards)

That was the original idea, I don’t know where I left it, but I repeated it in my Skins we must have! thread. And now I’ve got a second idea, while rambling about the shop loot boxes. What if they added a “Limited Lootbox” that guarantees one limited time skin, similar to the one Legendary Lootbox we get during at anniversary events? This lootbox would contain any and all limited time skins from the past: League’s All-Stars Genji, Lúcio, Mercy and Tracer, MVP Jjonak’s Zennyata, Champion Winston, Gray generic League skins; Challenge’s D.Va, Ana and Baptiste; BlizzCon’s Bastion and Winston (not Sombra, since it was promised that skin would be available, hence it kinda belongs in the regular lootbox); Crossover legacy skins like Kerrigan Widowmaker, etc, as well as any and every new limited time skin.

For the system not to be abused (I wait until the event is over and then I get the lootbox which guarantees the skin) I can think of two possibilities:

#1 The one I like the least, the box is as pricey as the skins themselves: Let’s say USD 15 since that’s what Pink Mercy cost.

#2 The one I like the most, every particular skin is added to the lootbox pool exactly one year after it became unavailable, and while pricier than the regular lootboxes, they aren’t that expensive

It’d be a great idea for them to put challenge stuff in loot boxes but only make it available for the anniversary event loot boxes

1 Like

3 and a half years later

Valid Necro, as far as I’m concerned.