[WIKI-THREAD] Workshop suggestions 2!

Well the thread is still a wikithread, you can edit it yourself, everyone shoudl be able to

i personally have taken a probably-permanent hiatus from the forums due to how badly they are handled , so im not really hanging arround the forums

Edit: Dummy bots were added

Edit 2: i popped back again to raise awareness on a topic, may be able to organize this thread again

Coming back this idea of map editing seems pretty (non offensivly) stupid, because ws isn’t getting too much attention. I mean, we got dummy bots? Detecting healing values should have always been in the game, and they added a host value? The creater community is only seeing changes that should have been from the start. They haven’t even added custom string/variable names yet, and it kinda disappoints me that simple stuff like custom text is really not available, and with the lack of ws updates, I don’t see much. Now, I haven’t heard anything from the forums as to this response, so if anything I say is off, just tell me. Now, when I say that ws isn’t getting much attention, I mean update attention, not people attention. The community thrives imo, but attention external fron the community is, and imo is a different story. (Did I just rant? I did didn’t I?)

Another thing that is slightly dissapointing, is the fact that dummy bots take up player slots,

it feels like a unecesary limitation, considering one of the main reasons we wanted them was to have the ability to do extra abilities (like spawning a barrier using a reinhart dummy bot holding out shield)

or to imitate turrets/minion mechanics, or even as cannon fodder

i added it to the thread too, because i think they are reading it, i mean they DID add the healing strings and dummy bots, which we did ask for in here, so who knows

Like i get it, having 30000 dummy bots could crash the game, but, why not limit it at like…i dont know 6? 12?

plus workshop is already crashing every 2 minutes so :woman_shrugging:

Writing as they come to me

Get Array Total/Average

• Self Explanitory

Advanced Raycast:

• Adds radius for pillcasts
  • Adds rate (linear projectile)
  • Adds dropoff rate (100 is standard gravity)
  • Adds tracer effect
  • toggle options to return Player, Critical Hit, Position, Normal, Facing, Construct, Sky, and Boundary; results are returned as an array.

Set/Modify Fire

• edit Fire amounts
  • is counted towards POTGs

Set/Modify Medals

• change values of medals, slots 0-5 in the player display
  • can set new names for medals and override the value they track

Get/Set/Modify Health Pool

• toggle options for permanent, max, and temporary Health, Armour, and Shields
  • returns arrays
  • adds red, orange, green, cyan, purple healthpools

Get/Set/Mod Ammo

• primary, secondary

Resource Of (Hero)

• drop-down list of resources of each before
  • can be used in get/set/mod variable commands

Construct of (Hero)

• list of barriers, sentries, turrets, etc
  • can be used with damage/heal commands, etc

Event Ability

• finds the ability that was used by the attacker in damage/heal events

Disable output

• disables the output of a button (e.g. allows the input of Primary 1 but blocks firing the user’s weapon)

Simulate Output

• triggers an output without simulating an input (e.g. triggers ultimate without a keypress)

On Input

• fires on button press even if the press is disabled for the hero

Disable input

• prevents the above

Teleport

• stop teleport from resetting the player’s facing

On Reload/Is Reloading/Disable/Enable Reload

• also added to Held/Pressed events

Quick Melee

• as a command (forces player to punch)
  • as an event (on melee)
  • should include have a melee attack for Rein, Brig, and other non-quick-melee heroes

Get/Set/Modify Ability Cooldown

• updates the UI and in-game cooldown without triggering the abilities
  • doesn’t lock ability presses (some abilities can still be used on cooldown)

Set Ability UI

• overrides the icon of an ability with a custom icon
  • null removes, ‘default’ resets or leaves unedited
  • adds a UI element if one doesn’t exist for that ability
  • optional numerical Value that displays over the icon ala sym

Set Ult UI

• as above

Ult Charge Rate/passive rate/etc

Set/get jump height

Disable Passive Ability

Disable firing

• primary/secondary/etc
  • prevents hitscan/projectile/beams/etc from firing when using the selected ability, but still plays animations

Firing position

• like eye position but for the end of the gun
  • can only be used for effects
  • may be different in first person

Visual effect

• on fire, frozen, immortal, hacked, nano-boosted, fortified, ressurected, soundwaved, bloodied, etc
  • possible new/missing ones like wraithed (dark with red eyes and smoke), chronal disruption, shielded (old sym or Hammond effect), etc
  • no gameplay effects
  • change colours if possible

Additional Statuses

• Immortal
  • Anti-naded
  • Heal-boosted
  • Nano Boosted
  • Fortified
  • Discorded
  • Tripped (knocked down but can aim within 90 degrees)
  • Dazed (Stunned but can aim and move at half speed)
  • Transcended (glows and floats, cannot fire or use abilities)
  • Slammed (the effect for hitting a wall when rocketpunched)
  • Recoverable (enters the recoverable state from PvE missions when dead, has an additional ‘time limit’)
  • Shrouded (cannot see healthbars or hit headshots)
1 Like

Here’s some things I don’t think I saw:

• being able to remove/disable sky and kill boxes
  • being able to open all or certain areas of maps with an action (spawn zones, gates)
  • remove completely the spawn room effects (yellow barrier, healing, damage to enemies)
  • being able to create teams of any size (like 6 teams of 2 players for example), with the effect basically only being that they can’t damage each other (this would go well with an empty gamemode preset)
  • being able to have more players in a game, maybe up to 18.
  • smart memory for action parameters (for example if I select “value in array” it shows up what I wrote previously like “player variable C, 4”
  • being able to create animations for heroes. Have a time line where we can more the articulations of the hero and create key frames, then we can name that animation and trigger it with an action whenever we want.
  • load more then 1 map together so you could for example teleport from one to the other. Or cut sections of maps and join them together
  • being able to use any of the maps in any format for whatever we wanna do and not be limited by the original gamemode they are attached too
  • also when we use an array to store hud text or effects, it would be cool to just need 1 destroy action and then we could select which indexes to use from the array to destroy those or destroy all of them.

Guys, its a wiki thread, you can edit them in the thread itself

click on the edit button

but remember to read the comment number 1

I remember a long time back when you could see sheilds even when invisible. I wonder why they removed that. Actually, now that you think about it, a lot of things don’t make sense.

Invisible to values, fx colors, cooldown manipulation, ult rate manipulation, lack of numerous status fx, lack of dummy/visual status fx (like burning), heal modification, custom strings, custom variables, etc. The lack of context, why aren’t they in the game? Obvious things that go to show that ws is a small part of the community informed by the lack of attention we get. Ui changes aren’t obvious, but are otherwise good, even better, Ui customization. Variable names/abc shown, abc would be less harder to track because of more organization, qol, all of these things. I, we care, but they don’t, and thats just the coffin of preparation waiting for the death of ws. It may seem impossible, but saying that is like saying a game that never updates won’t die (Unless its the game Doom, respect the roots of great things). Now, I can understand that ws has a LOT of stuff to offer, but simples things like this would make this SO much more better.

Allright, time to give this thread a bump

i did a makeover on it, removing irrelevant stuff, and etcetera, time for a bump for this old thread,

as always, feel free to edit more stuff in, but try to make sure you dont do repeats

i lowkey know the devs are reading this thread bc they addded plenty of stuff in here, so if you are, thanks for doing it

Eh, i was arround so i thought id give it an updated makeover

I didnt fully leave the forums, i just reduced my activity massively until improvements are done

This post is extreme important!!!

In overwatch files these entity is considered as “player” entity. so is not complicated to expose this to workshop. Also we need full bots like COOP bots (too in game files as NPC with automatic AI)

1 Like

These features above cannot be implemented to workshop because this a overwatch engine resource, not script feature:

This is good, should be nice to modify hud/world text/color/position by workshop actions:

1 Like

My suggestion too is redo Raytrace mechanisms in overwatch workshop, you cannot simple return vector from an raycast you need to return hit position, if is hit , if hit is a player, if hit is a player owned object.

For example raycast in Unreal Engine 4, we have two functions:

• Line Trace By Channel, is a simple raycast that trace line to target.
  • Line Trace By Sphere, is a raycast that trace anything in target within range.

same functions return something like:

• Actor: Actor/Character/NPC hit by the trace (or null .
  • BlockingHit: Indicates if this hit was a result of blocking collision.
  • BoneName: Name of bone we hit (for example characters skeleton).
  • Distance: distance from start to the end in world space.
  • ImpactNormal: Normal of the hit in world space, for the object that was hit by the sweep, if any.
  • ImpactPoint: Normal of the hit in world space, for the object that was hit by the sweep, if any.
  • Location: The location in world space where the moving shape would end up against the impacted object, if there is a hit.
  • Time: ‘Time’ of impact along trace direction (ranging from 0.0 to 1.0) if there is a hit, indicating time between TraceStart and TraceEnd.
  • … more values…

(Full list of values returned by these two functions: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/API/Runtime/Engine/Engine/FHitResult/index.html)

1 Like

Time to bring this back to the lastest section.

1 Like

One of the developers has stated that it’s actually a bug that this doesn’t work, you are supposed to be able to destroy arrays of effects and they were surprised when players stated that it doesn’t work.

3 Likes

I want dummy bots that dont take up player slots nooow

It would be so usefuuul

Pls workshop godd, i know you are listenig to this thread

1 Like

Yea. We could make weapon and ability swaping between heros a thing by spawning an invisible and phased out dummy bot behind the player and let him do the work :smiley:

Node based editor instead legacy “action/rules” blocks, like Unreal Engine 4, Blueprints, current i have one suggestion: https://github.com/thedmd/imgui-node-editor 100% compatible with DirectX, Windows, OpenGL, Linux, MacOS, so overwatch developers can use this in Overwatch in Windows and Consoles without ANY problem.

1: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1197433/60381475-ac973880-9a55-11e9-9ad9-5862975cd2b8.png

2: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1197433/60381408-c3895b00-9a54-11e9-8312-d9fc9af63347.png

3: GIF https://github.com/thedmd/imgui-node-editor/blob/master/Screenshots/node_editor_overview.gif

Since, current workshop system is UI lagged, sometimes crashes and connection lost, this ImGUI NodeEditor will be extreme good replacement.

Also, this project have Copy/Paste nodes system, and also can be stored in server/file/database.

Time to bring this thread back up again

I have one IDEA,
CONSTANT Language.

for example:
in a script i’am using English language (for most of the time)
i prefer one language script and translated description as is now.

one of example is COLOR:
RED, GREEN, BLUE, POMARAŃCZOWY (orange) and many, many more…
Can they set all in English and just translated description ?

I hope its understandable.

Is there a training mode that loads up an AI Tracer that Recalls ASAP after taking damage? Essentially a stun combo trainer.