Widow's Kiss is a Railgun

I just realized that her rifle is basically a man portable railgun.

• It’s capable of changing from a carbine (don’t care if they call it an SMG, it’s a carbine) to a sniper rifle.
  • In sniper mode the shots charge up before they deal full damage, as if you need to charge a capacitor before launching a projectile.
  • It fires three ammo as one projectile something traditional bullets can’t do (almost as if they’re magnetized).
1 Like

Not to mention that the gun leaves no smoke, and also i believe it has no muzzle flash either but im not completely sure about that one

I think this is just gameplay balance. The former was also in TF2, and the latter is so she actually has to reload. Widowmaker firing 30 scoped shots that don’t need to charge would be silly. Not everything in game needs a lore explanation. Just look at Roadhog or Sombra.

1 Like

Well, in my language - Polish - they’re called karabin maszynowy (machine carbine) and karabin snajperski (sniper carbine). So it’s 2 carbines in 1 and it makes sense with Widow’s Kiss.

Why does Road need explanation?

He can survive taking an arrow to the head, then heal back the wound from huffing a can of Hogdrogen (which is not universal healing. Its a compound that counteracts the effects of radiation). His hook can also pull D.Va’s heavy mech just as easily as it can the pilot inside, and it is capable of being hacked by Sombra.

For a few examples.

1 Like

Similar vein, Zen harmony/discord
mercy self healing (that fast, anyway)
Mei iceblock
Widowmaker existing at all,
lots of things just make more sense if you dont try and find a reason behind it.

oh also Sym and hardlight.

1 Like

Also, respawn.

This one is explained.

Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion.

Hard light technology is exactly what it sounds like. It makes light into hard, physical technology. This one is also explained as much as it every will be.

The bigger debated mysteries are things like Zen’s healing (you mentioned), Shimada Dragons, and now that we have it, Immortality Field.

it’s biologically impossible

She would be dead, only logic behind it now is “lol science” which is really akin to a fantasy setting going “lol magic”

say she can live, second she goes somewhere like Junkertown where it’s abnormally hot (40 degrees celcius or more)
She would definitely overheat.
and thats using an extreme, anything not suited for her abnormally cold body is a death sentence to her.

So is Reaper. Hard light is physically impossible. There are also rocks in Korea and Japan that defy the rules of physics, among other things.

1 Like

Which I am not arguing

Why does it matter if it’s biologically impossible by real-world standards? Overwatch isn’t the real-world - it’s a science-fiction future Earth. If they say it works, then it works.

Exactly. There is a list of examples of other things that are impossible. So why is Widowmaker being biologically impossible a problem?

I’m not arguing this.

this is what im trying to reinforce.

Cool did not think of this aspect yet another thing to love about window maker!

Rain gun are great!