WidowMaker vs Hanzo

This is kind of a Hanzo Hate Post because I really don’t like him at tall. He’s good at close at close and short range, and he has fast Ult charge and he just gets on my nerves. Now onto the topic at hand.

Who do you think mainly wins the matchup more? Widow or Hanzo? I can’t play Hanzo no matter how hard I try, I just don’t click with him, but everybody makes it look so easy. When I’m up against a Hanzo it’s never good, I mean sure maybe I’ll get him once or twice, but the pressure the arrows being is on another level. I can’t win at all, I don’t know who really wins, to me Hanzo is better in the matchup, but that’s just me.

What do y’all think?

1 Like

I think widow wins a pure sniper 1v1 easily because she’s hitscan, but if hanzo flanks and gets closer he’s far better. widow however is a much stronger pick overall atm. hanzo got a nerf coming into ow2 and widow received a significant nerf, as well as the overall changes to the game benefitting widow more than hanzo.

Hanzo counters widow unless the hanzo has no clue what theyre doing. All you gotta do is find her with the recon dart, line up a headshot, pull back, the peek fast as lightning and let er rip, - 1 widow. Or just go sojourn and make the widow mirror or lose bc of ad spam/small hitbox/better kill potential.

2 Likes

Widow wins, I’m more afraid of Zenyattas than Hanzos to be honest. Little robo-Jesus has the weirdest head hitbox, I swear.

Widow wins against Hanzo in a fair fight, but if he gets a recon off and she doesn’t know, or she stands still and he can judge the shot, she’s dead. Storm arrows are also really good if you can bounce them to hit her when she’s trying to cover and wait out sonic. But like any other matchup with Hanzo, if you try really hard to not get hit, he is way less likely to hit his shots past like 20m. It’s pretty equal honestly but widow will have the advantage amongst similarly skilled players at high level because she’s just more consistent by virtue of being hitscan.

• Hanzo got close: Hanzo 80 widow 20.

• Hanzo gets sonic off: Hanzo 60 widow 40.

• Hanzo gets sonic off while widow unaware: Hanzo 100.

• Hanzo flanks unaware widow: Hanzo 90 widow 10.

• If both are fully aware of each other’s position, good distance from each other and no sonic involved, Widow 70 Hanzo 30.

Although only last situation is good for widow, the last situation should be quite more common than previous 4 in a fair match.

1 Like

I’m never in that situation. Every Hanzo is all ready to aim at me. Even in a fair fight, it’s super frustrating. Feeling like I can’t ever win against a Hanzo. Every Hanzo I face seems to be good and plays him well, no such thing as a “bad” Hanzo. For example, I could try and peek but there he is with arrow, and it’s somewhat faster, meanwhile I have to aim in and then get out of aim to be faster and re aim all over again. I don’t understand.

1 Like

You could be losing inside of the window you are trying to micro manage your aim for his head while the Hanzo is just snap firing at the vertical line of Widow.

What is the skill of each one?

If the 2 have perfect or at least great aim and gamesense (positioning,awareness, cool down management etc…), then Widow would win because Hanzo uses a projectile with travel speed and Widow uses hit scan weapon so her headshot would register faster. It’s easy to react to storm arrows and sonic arrows if you know they are an option and/or there - and technically speaking her venom mine is +1 life if you know how to position it.

If the 2 have low aim? More chance that hanzo considering Widow’s massive head, Hanzo’s massive arrows and the benefit of storm arrows bounce & sonic arrow’s glow.

Anything in between really depends on how good they are…

I guess that for most players it would be Hanzo winning because the average skill is less than plat. But this match up can be very interesting depending on the players in it.

Widow wins, Hanzo isn’t much of a sniper with how slow his projectile is. You can strafe outta Hanzo shots