Widowmaker Settings on PC ?!

Hey to every Widowmaker player out there! I got a question regarding the settings (Sensitivity, DPI and etc.)

I was checking the settings of TOP Widowmaker mains and it really confuses me. Most of them have their DPI set to 800 and the Sensitivity to 4-6(?)

I have tried it and I can barely look around, it is very low. I get head shotted before I even aim at them and I have found it very uncomfortable, it also affects the maneuvers and the movement in the game.

Maybe I am getting something wrong? Can anyone explain what’s going on? And maybe give some tips about the settings? Thanks!

  1. what is your scope sens?
  2. how much space do you have available/what is your aimstyle?

i myself use 800dpi and 4,5 sens. the thing is this setting is for an arm aim style where you are utilize you entire hand and forearm and make big movements.

2 Likes

Hey Nick! I’ve gone through all the pro’s settings and this is what I found works best for me. I’m a Masters level Widow, peaked GM.

Sens: 2
Scope: 35
DPI: 1600
eDPI (sens x dpi): 3200

I use a Artisan Ninja FX hien Soft XL mousepad (polyester mousepads are amazing!) It’s about 19 inches horizontally from side to side.

Some Widows will go even higher on the scope sens, usually up to 40, but I find 35 to give me a lot of control for long-range targets and a nice middle ground that lets me swipe fast for close targets as well.

Like Fate suggested, you should have an adequate amount of space for mouse movement on your pad. Less space means you’ll be forced to have a higher DPI, meaning you’ll probably end up injuring your wrist at some point.

1 Like

This.

Low sensitivity helps capture more specific movements.

Think of the wii steering wheel vs. an actual steering wheel; it takes very little to go too far on the wii. An actual steering wheel, though, you can spin the wheel more than 360° if you need a sharp curve, but that means there’s more room for error when you’re only trying to make tiny directional adjustments to stay in your lane.

You really do need space for sniping well, though. Enough space on your desk for a pizza box is pretty much the minimum requirement. Depending on your arm length, more would most likely be better.

it depends, some Players, like Pine for example, can also be very good with high senses and wristaim. Pine uses 15 sens and 500 dpi. which is an e-dpi almost double of 4,5/800.
But armaim is probably the more healthier option for your hand/wrist and also the more versatile option if you have the space available.

I tried learning arm aiming… Pretty desperately. For 2 years. I couldn’t do it.

But with 5sens 1600 DPI I’m able to play in GM on her. Take from that what you will.

My scope sens is 0.41 as well.

But I also don’t play her sitting on the back of the map, I take a lot of aggressive grapples, high ground, and off angles

Well, yeah. There is no right and wrong when it comes to mechanical preferences, but that doesn’t change rules of thumb or any general consensus or correlations.

I play fighting games really well by treating combos as gratuitous. Doesn’t mean it’ll work for the majority of players.

Thanks, everyone, I am really trying to find the right settings for me. Right now I have it set on:

Sensitivity: 5
While Zoomed: 35
DPI: 1600

  • White dot as a Reticle (Size 5)

Masters 4 right now, using g pro superlight, 2.5 sens 1k dpi 2500edpi.
I actually have the opposite issue where i want to increase my sens to deal with flankers and be able to rotate my screen faster when hook shotting but everytime i increase it I get wildly inconsistent in long ranges :(.
If you want to lower your sens do it in small increments and be prepared to underperform, its just how its gonna be.

You could be the 1st, rank one, fingertip aim, widow player.
Set it up so you don’t have to move your hand at all.
I have a friend that uses his pc like this for everything, mouse speed on thought level sense. His fps aim in insane as well.

I use 800 3 though :slight_smile: and swing my whole body and have to run side to side irl…

Thanks, for now, I think I will stick to those settings, cause RN 800 DPI is really low for me.

Personally I use 5 sens 800 dpi and 37.89 scope I’ve been top 500 on widow on multiple the most consistently good settings I used were 4 ing 32 scoped 800 dpi I have a lot of mouse room and i aim with my arm which makes everything easier you micro adjusts and make small movements with your wrist big movements with your whole arm