Widow, Non-linear charge rates

So here’s a idea to make it she that Widow is less oppressive when there aren’t barriers up 24/7.

Make it so that her charge rate isn’t linear.

Right now it starts at 12 damage, and scales up to 120 damage linearly over 0.9sec.

What if instead of linear charging, it was exponential charging. Such that currently Widow needs 80 damage charged, which is 63% charge.

(80/(120-12)) = 0.63

0.9sec*0.63 = 0.57sec

What if they made it so Widow needed 80% charge to get the same effect.

For 0.72sec

But would still charge to full at 0.9sec

1 Like

This would make Widow mains unlearn existing muscle memory and learn new breakpoints without really making her any less oppressive to play against. I’m all for Widow changes but this isn’t it.

Said another way, it would be a direct nerf to Widow at the skill tiers where those charge speeds matter.

But would have almost no impact on lower skill tiers.

Which is exactly the type of nerf Widow could use.

1 Like

Not a fan, it makes it hard to tell how much you have at any given point in time and amplifies the effects of lag.

I don’t think a Widow change is at all necessary, and this is way too harsh, but if we wanted to implement something similar, one could drop the HS multiplier down to 2x unless it’s fully charged, where it would then return to 2.5x like it is now.

That’s pretty interesting.

Although what you just described would make it so that it doesn’t kill a 200hp target until it’s 86% charge.

But hey, your idea might be better than mine.