Widow is destroying Master, GM, TOP500 and OWL

I worded that badly. You dont need as much skill to aim now as widowmaker because she gets to pretty much be on a perch permanetly

2 Likes

widow is a problem because she is not alone. she is usually behind her team and even if you kill her she will be rezed immediately. you cant camp her body without a full dive comp. you can’t even go near her with dva/winston if she has mercy pocket. only full dive can trouble widow but thank god we have the worst hero ever to counter dive.

widow is fine, bridget is not, mercy is not, widow likes this.

2 Likes

Just make some maps without snipers in mind, easy as cake.

1 Like

I actually agree; Widowmaker is the most boring character in the game. She brings nothing creative and doesn’t even interact with the rest of the team in a team game. A bad widowmaker makes the whole match 5v6 and a good widowmaker is grossly unpleasant to play against since, as others have mentioned, it takes a whole team-change to counter without having a starkly better widowmaker. It’s part of the reason dive ruled for so long.

23 Likes

I wouldn’t call it destroying all. She’s doing the same thing she’s done literally since season 1 just easier now due to the meta.

I don’t get why your even complaining about widows in 3500+ games when your mid plat. I’m sure there are some skilled widows in plat but they wouldn’t be hard carry destroying every game.

1 Like

She’s only really dominant when she works with her team. She’s the hero that the team pump their resources into (damage amp, resurrect, etc) to keep her alive as long as possible.

She doesn’t solo play or she’s easy to kill.

Many of those creative abilities shouldn’t have been invented, while snipers are a staple in the fps genre.

And no interaction? How? She needs healing, she can use shields, she adds damage to other people’s kills, she can even give wall hack to everybody…

Again WIDOW IS NEARLY UNUSABLE BY HALF THE PLAYER BASE
why do people want these heroes nerfed all of a sudden i mean Mercy,Zen now Widow i’m starting to think that brig was the worst addition to this game she forced this meta and now heroes who where fine before are getting slammed because of her

6 Likes

In a game with so much variety in style, damage, and mobility, a pure sniper is the most boring thing you could have. Someone who stands behind the point/objective and stays there picking people off is just lame.

14 Likes

‘‘I want a win button!’’
REEEEEEE

3 Likes

Who knows. Maybe if everyone below Masters keeps complaining about Widow we’ll get some easy mode anti Sniper hero. Like Hammond with a personal shield that with discord type aim requirements can throw feces to blind her then leap at her with a stun and quick kill combo.

Worked before.

2 Likes

If only there were heroes that could get in her face and harass her.

We can only dream.

No, I want counterplay.

I don’t want a another Brigitte hero to make Widow unplayable.

But I want counterplay.

2 Likes

Surprisingly this one of the better ideas I’ve seen on these forums.

6 Likes

below masters we already have winston but people are like BUT WINSTONS GARBAGE NOWWWW BOOHOO in the majority of the ranked ladder winston craps on widows

2 Likes

Im in diamond right now and widow is destroying everyone they get 2-3 picks per fight

2 Likes

Before widowmaker people like you were complaining tracer, it just never stops does it😑

11 Likes

Did someone say Symmetra 3.0?

Turrets: Move or waste time killing the turrets wile the enemy takes potshots at you

Telly: Heroes you never knew could flank are now flanking you

Barrier wall: THIS IS A NO SNIPING ZONE

11 Likes

Hmm.

Anyone remember when Tracer did all of this? Me too.

I -hated- it.
This is a problem with infinite skill ceilings.
Tracer can outplay EVERY SINGLE COUNTER.
Widowmaker can outplay EVERY SINGLE COUNTER.

T-That’s it.

Overwatch should have absolutely ZERO carry potential for ANY hero that isn’t a HEALER.

5 Likes

The problem with Widow isn’t that she gets picks. That’s her job.
The problem is, that she’s way too safe to play. Too much mobility, tiny hitbox.

Getting close to her should get you an advantage. But no, she just jumps down from whereever she was camping and if you go after her, she flies off.

So the only real counterplay is to hope she misses. Trying to attack her is pointless. Or put shields everywhere. Shields are exciting, right?

10 Likes