Widow got nerfed

Mei is definitely harder than Widowmaker.

At ranges where damage fall-off matters, WM’s SMG was never any good. This “nerf” doesn’t really nerf anything.

Also, WM’s rifle is not bolt-action. You don’t need secondary weapon when you can just fire again without unscoping.

IMO Widow shouldn’t have a quick finisher in the first place. If you don’t charge enough to get the oneshot, then that’s your fault. “One shot and a bunch of other shots, one kill…”

it shows how u never played Widow.

when you go scope mode with Widow youre already a free kill for the enemy, your movement is garbge. any Soldier, Mercy, McCree, Hanzo, Mei can kill you easy… cause ofc… who cant aim on a standing target?
so sometimes when a Soldier atks you, u cant go scope and wait for the 70% u gotta go for a fast flick, sometimes u hit the 70% and u headshot, sometimes u headshot with less than 70% charge and finish the kill with a SMG. u already was good enough to fast headshot… why not making it easier to finish the kill? going for another uncharged scope is just too risky, the smg finish was better.

Blizzard make the skillful heros harder to play and the 0 skill heros a must pick.

That’s the point of the charge mechanic. You’re not supposed to be able to get instakills unless you commit to it. Again, if you don’t charge enough to oneshot, that’s your fault. She shouldn’t have a finisher to completely erase that requirement.

it would be my fault if there wasnt 0 skill heros im fighting with…

Widow is WEAK, she gets countered easily by dive heros, there are TONS of shields (including Symmetra’s new ult) to counter her…

this change was never needed, its not like Widow is dead, shes still powerful… but since her gun is ALREADY weak enough and useless there is no reason to touch it.

when you as Widow has to fight a Mei for example, a hero with 250 hp that spams right clicks on you its pretty hard to stay scoped. get it when you are in scope mode its X10 easier for the Mei to kill you than for you to kill her, her movement while spamming the right click is x3 than yours in scope mode.
how are you able to stand and wait for a 80% charge to kill a Mei without dieing to her? and you know youre a human… u might also miss some shots.

Widow is fine as a hero, Widow is balanced, Widow is strong at the right hands, Widow never needed any buff, nerf change… shes fine. Blizzard are just tired of the game and they want to shut it down in a creative way.
with every hero they add to the game they change so much balanced heros… like… McCree was an insane pick always, they reworked Hanzo… and BOOM… buffing McCree to make him even more nightmare.

how can a Phara be a counter for stuff if McCree and Soldier’s hitscan dmg is better now? Mei no falloff? what next? Phara buff? do we really need all those buffs just because of some stupid reworks or new heros of Blizzard? fix the new heros, rework the new heros and dont touch the old heros.

Any widow nerf is a good nerf

I don’t get why this nerf means anything at all.

It was simply there to bring her in line with the other hitscans.

Who the hell was using the Widow SMG at range? isn’t that where her primary role as a sniper does it’s best work?

2 Likes

everyone used it in range to finish kills
I am playing 900 hours on her, I know everything about her and this nerf going to be annoying… not a big of a deal but annoying.

they wanted to bring her in line with the other hitscans thats right… but since her smg is weak would make it better to make it spread less.

citation needed profile hidden.

Not exactly, This was her original ability before her nerf. They added Damage fall off to her Icicle around 2 - 3 months after game first released.

Wait, were people sniping with her smg in primary fire? I thought damage wasn’t changed, they simply gave the SMG fall off damage.

Its nothing. Quickscoping far more reliable at close range than using lame SMG anyway. SMGs only purpose were to finish <10 hp heroes in a situations where you cant be bothered to scope, it still works that way.

Literally only difference i can think of is finishing pharah at max range.

Who cares/10

Mei was able to snipe back when she was released. It was removed because it performed too well, and too many people complained back then, e.g. Pharahs.

So now they reverted this back? Weird times.

they barely touch hanzos abilities as if they didnt just give hanzo a new broken kit nerfing cooldowns by like 1 second at a time, but widow, the character that was balanced up to when Brigitte got added to the game is getting quality of life nerfs???