Widow, Ashe, Ana, scope Zoom double click? ACTUALLY UNPLAYABLE! Game breaking bug!

I play Widow and Ashe a lot and have noticed a major game breaking bug which possibly cost me hundreds of sr from climbing, I am a gm/top500 player so it’s very frustrating when this happens because it makes the game 100% unplayable. Basically when I scope in as widow or ashe and hold my right click it unscopes by itself. The video below was found on another post and isn’t mine but shows the exact issue.

I have a g403 and can’t be certain it’s a mouse issue because this doesen’t happen in other games, and only happens in overwatch, there also seems to be only a few people dealing with this issue. I have my zoom on hold, I’ve tried toggle zoom and it works but I’m not comfortable with toggle zoom. This tends to kick in at random times so sometimes this never happens then sometimes I literally cant play the game because of it. If anybody has a g403 and know this is possibly a hardware double clicking issue or if it could be something else please reply.

3 Likes

I have this same issue again now as of 22/06/2021 I’m an Ashe main, and in my last few games when I’m scoped in on a target sometimes it will unscope itself, and sometimes when I press the right button on my mouse it won’t scope in until a you try it again a few times. I use a logitech Gpro mouse and my mouse if fine in other games please fix as I’ve lost many SR due to this bug.

I’ve got the same with rein’s shield, doom’s charging fist and the cord of wrecking ball doesn’t stay attached. They are indeed unplayable.

This Bug is still happening with Ashe/widow/Ana as of 26/06/2021, its pretty much no playable as Ashe/Widow mains. The zoom scope sometimes descopes automatically sometimes zoom in/out automatically, and sometimes won’t zoom in at all until few few seconds later my ping is constantly at 30-40ms hence its not lagging.

I believe this is a cross plat form issue, as I’ve discovered I only have this issue while in comp or quick play while its fine in training mode when your by yourself in your own server. So this maybe some issues of cross server or cross plat form issues where this is cause a delay while pressing right buttons which makes the games not playable at all.

I know this is an old thread but I’ve been recently having this issue as well! I thought it was my mouse just “unclicking” even though I was pressing my right click down.

Unfortunately even with a new mouse it’s still happening! (I have a zowie)

I switched ana’s toggle on instead of off, and even when I was scoped in (not holding down the mouse button) it randomly scoped me out! My finger wasn’t even touching my right click & it still unscoped me.

I’m glad I’m not going crazy, but also it’s extremely annoying to know there’s still no fix for this and it’s been a thing for 2 years now.

It’s Jan 2024 I am having this issue on Ana

1 Like