Wide match q times are 100% broken and need a rework

When in a group with multiple of my friends (yes i play overwatch and have friends) it puts me into a wide-match q.

This seems good as it allows me to play with friends that are in silver and plat (I’m currently gold 3). However the q times have now been 30 minutes+ even an hour long consistently.

And so the problem is, yes i can now technically play with friends of any rank but you will spend hours in q to do so. I really don’t understand why this is even a feature if u can’t even find a game when its used.

To solve this issue, i think they should change the matchmaking to find groups of other players at wider rank ranges e.g. instead of finding a silver player to match another silver player also allow a silver player to match with a gold player (also it shouldn’t matter if your silver 1 or silver 5 just use the whole rank when finding other groups to match against). This should allow groups of players to actually find games in competitive but at worse quality, which is still much better than waiting in hour long q times. Also this shouldn’t even really be a problem as even if u can find a way to abuse the wide rank system by using alt accounts or something like that, it won’t even matter as u only move up or down 0 to 5% win or loss anyway.

I do understand that if the outcome of games don’t really count towards your rank in a wide-match q as much, then i could just play quick play and have shorter q times, but we can all agree that when playing quick play we aren’t actively trying or playing serious (Check the other posts on why quick play should be left as the casual game mode) which is when in my (and most others) opinion is when the game is at its best. This needs to be changed soon because grouping with friends is one of the best parts of overwatch, especially in ranked overwatch.

I think it’s bugged, I remember seeing a blue post here (or someone referencing one) that they’re “looking into it” for what that’s worth.

But yes it has killed my ability to play Comp with the only person left on my friends list who still plays this game. and like many players, we don’t have the patience or desire to spend 60% of our time in queue.