Why would YOU be happy with a forced 2-2-2

Tell us your personal story. Are you a one-trick? Committed entirely to one role? No shame or judgment here, just help us flex players understand your POV.

7 Likes

I won’t be happy regardless. Might as well try something crazy.

6 Likes
  1. I like the idea of a separate role MMR. I don’t have to stress over learning and playing a different role in a competitive environment at my main role rank.

2. Also not having 4 DPS or support mains in the same comp game and struggling over who has to flex to a role they’re uncomfortable with.

3. And not having to worry about GOAT nerfs affecting heroes in ranks where that meta isn’t even played.

50 Likes

Because i want to try my best with whatever i pick and i wish the same for my teammates, forced 2-2-2 removes that fun, however if it’s only for comp then fine.

Also there’s such a imbalance between the amount of dps and tanks/supports.

9 Likes

I don’t really want it, but unless they want pro play to forever be stacking heals into oblivion, they might not have another choice.

4 Likes

I do mostly play Sym but I don’t mind playing Moira or Hog once in a while. The forced 2-2-2 is to create a more balanced experience. Even in games where you get 2-2-2 people might not be playing the role they want. In that situation, the smallest thing might make someone more toxic. I know I was a lot more toxic back when I used to flex. I hate playing Rein but I forced myself to do it when we had no shield tank and everyone else refused to do it.

I have won games against 2-2-2 with 5 dps, but the general experience is one of toxicity and one-sided stomps. When people know with some level of certainty that they aren’t going to have a good time before the spawn door even opens, it tends to result in a bad time for everyone.

5 Likes

Goats needs to go away and I never want to see it again unless it gets absolutely DESTROYED.

I’m not happy about 2-2-2 though. Maybe I will be. I dont know. I like seeing triple dps as well sometimes. The odd matches are sometimes a bit of fun.

1 Like

I can imagine loads of people leaving over it. People were mad when they removed hero stacking in QP because comp players claimed “it only should exist for comp practice”. This would actually rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially since they keep saying they want us to play what/whoever we want to. (unless your a Mercy player it would seem)

9 Likes

I personally only play QP and mostly support and tanks, I don’t mind with 2-2-2, but I don’t think it should be forced. Only forced in just OWL I think.

4 Likes

I just don’t want to put my team at a disadvantage if / when I’m put with multiple healer mains because I can’t play tank at my current SR and I feel far too much pressure to get consistent kills on DPS.

And also LFG is trash rn

1 Like

flex players the one who like force 2-2-2 more than one-trick

Personally I enjoy experiencing all that blizzard has put into the game in its intended competitive setting.

I really love the idea of separate class ratings so that I can play those higher level games again as support and yet still enjoy all that the game has to offer.

Some more details
Played since day one,
Peaked at 3450 playing mostly support
Played main tank for 5 seasons around 3000
Now I’m trying to play more dps and my rank is 2300
You can imagine what happens when I’m asked to play support at 2300, I try not to in the spirit of fairness.

2 Likes

As a flex player myself; no

No thank you

11 Likes

Please Blizzard for the love of god and Jeff Kaplan don’t implement role queue. As a flex player I hop onto competitive eager to play any hero in the roster to fill for my team, as I find only playing one hero or class to be incredibly mundane. Role queue just destroys the novelty of this game and would definitely be a huge adjustment for the playerbase.

9 Likes

I think it will be for the best in the long run, it will make balance considerably easier

5 Likes

If you cannot understand why I do not want 30 minute queues that will gradually make the player-base leave, that is on you, b. Terrible idea.

Edit - Nvm, I am stupid. I thought you wanted us to explain why we did not want forced roles. Lul. Actually, this thread is a great idea. I do want to read why people want this for whatever reason. It is probably going to boil down to “muh quality.”

3 Likes

I’m not sure that this is true, particularly as enforced roles removes the ability to flex altogether.

3 Likes

if you flex to tanks or healers, you are more likely to have faster matchmaking.

If you are dps one-trick, or even an off-meta one trick, it will take forever for you to find a match.

But you can’t flex at all. You have to play one role, and one role only. As a flex player, I do not want that at all.

8 Likes

As a tank player I’d be happy just knowing there HAS to be a least 2 tanks and 2 healers in every game. The only players this will negatively impact are the selfish dps only players. When you get 3 to 5 of those on your team it’s GG before you’re out of spawn. Just let players queue as Tank, Healer, or flex, and put 2 of each on each team. If you want to play any hero, you pay for that with a longer queue.

I don’t actually think that should do this for pro play though, just give pros hero bans

9 Likes