Why we need Mercy back!

I’ve seen a bingo card specific for one the more vocal of the anti-mercy folks, but not one for them as a group in general

got a link?

exactly

no, i didn’t save it.
Also, that one user, half of what they preached has become part of the “mercy is not fun” cult, so it still kinda counts.

well, if you do run across it, I’d love to see it

Tell that to Lucio and Ana players :frog:

And rez up to 4 players (if you’re talking about the old valk, which was undeniably broken)

This is true, Mercy doesn’t have a lot of abilities, but you can always play other heroes if that’s what you’re looking for. Mercy is designed this way in order to be easy to pick up.

For hide and rez, it was just that a lot of people really didn’t enjoy it.

This being before they made instant rez a thing, yes. The instant rez was frustrating, and that was their mistake that led to her being reworked and OP for about a year.

It is still one of the most powerful abilities in the game, and due to some dps coming back into the meta she will likely see some viability on a good few maps.

If they can only play Mercy, then they should probably try and pick up a different hero. It can be a lot of fun.

This is statistically incorrect. I understand that you may spend a lot of time around people who want the old Mercy back, but that is in no way the sentiment of even a portion of the entire community, and not even among Mercy Mains.

4 Likes

Well, all of my friends left because of the Mass Rez meta that lasted for so long.

But you’re right. You can bring it back, most people left already. At least the hardcore players I knew. If they didn’t comeback after the Mercy rework I’m sure they’ll not, but a lot of players will leave if that happens.

I’m one of these people, if the “revert mercy” brings Mercy the frustrating way she was before. I’m not gonna let a ultimate waste all my effort over and over again. But if everyone wants her to be reverted, sure thing, but this isn’t my game anymore. I’ll let Blizzard decide on this issue, their decision will take my path on videogaming.

Megadoo is right though

The survey is poorly formulated, a survey should have as few open questions as possible. The questions allowed for contradicting answers and the evironment it was held in was already biased.

But most important, the creator admited it was a bad survey:

Ooh and he/she exclusively said:

So not only is it biased, the creator specificly states that it does not represent what the overall playerbase wants

4 Likes

No we really don’t need Mercy back.

3 Likes

Well, in my honest opinion, we really do need Mercy back.

Factually, we have Mercy currently

Factually, she is a selectable hero in the game

Welp, I overthought the what the comment said then. After thinking about it there is no reason for the other side to provide information if one side has all the information already.

(which is untrue obviously)

Apologies. Knee jerk reactions happen.

The overall state of the forums is terrible anyway (Always has been as a lurker). Asking for sources and facts for every little thing, no one agrees on anything or finds middle ground. This has been going on since Mercy got severely changed. It needs to stop. The reply was mocking at that regardless of the context.

The devs dont seem to care about Mercy anymore. She doesnt ruin their “super cool esport league” and thats enough for them. Blizzard isnt about making great games anymore but about getting shareholders their money.

2 Likes

If the devs dont care about Mercy anymore, why did they produce a legendary skin for her for the Winter event, or give her two significant buffs in a fairly recent release?

1 Like

To sell lootboxes and because they realized she was underpowered. None of which indicate they care for her current issues.

They also buffed the crap out of Reaper, yet his issues - more severe than Mercy’s - have gone ignored as well.

Symmetra also got a tick rate change, albeit an unlisted one. Sym’s issues have been ignored for a long time as well.

2 Likes

To me, the latter item is indicative of the devs caring about Mercy, although your stated reason for the skin may well be true - though I cant blame a for profit company for attempting to earn revenue

Factually, you can buff a hero without caring for its quality state.

I don’t either. You asked for a reason, I gave you one.

Factually, every code change requires time and effort, which equal money. I do not feel that the devs would make these expenditures to buff Mercy at all if they didnt care about her

Factually, you can spend time and effort on balance and still not give a toss about a hero quality state.

I have already addressed my position on this in my previous post, and have nothing further to add

As usual.

1 Like

I also like new Mercy a lot more than old Mercy.

2 Likes