Why was hog hook insta-kill combo brought back?

I would rather have the old hog back, shield break and potential-but-hard instagib. He was bad, but shield nerfs and some anti-heal denial option buff can make him ok. Current hog is just a hook bot, no skill required in the instagib part, and way less counterplay.

They could do that and people would still be complaining about getting hooked from Narnia. :roll_eyes: Cause it’s easier to complain then be aware of your surroundings for those type of people.

2 Likes

It was never instant kill. There are heroes that can break the combo before he can get it off. Just had to be confident with the hero and know when to do what. FFS All Mei has to do is hold down the Ice Block keybind, and just as the Hook ends, she’d Block. Junkrat, if you’re fast enough can throw and blow a concussive mine. Pretty sure I’ve done the Mei trick with Moira’s Fade. So it was never “Instant Death” for some heroes.

Id rather old hog just cuz i dislike playing against the hero, and he was worse than now. But losing 1 shot, and having a slower rate of fire in exchange for a much more consistent 1 shot is definitely a stronger hog.

If you just look at the stats Hog is at his weakest point atm, he is good becauce of the meta. His damage buf got reverted very fast too and onehitting squischis is the way Hog creates space. If you are able to survive his hook reliable Hog is compeltetely useless

I thought it never left for heroes that was 200 health, but I think at one point he couldn’t do it to 250 hp heroes e.g Reaper.

It’s…Not…There…Anymore…They got rid of it…A few months ago…???