Why was hog hook insta-kill combo brought back?

Literally no one wanted this.

It was unfun on launch and it’s unfun now.

6 Likes

It never left.

25 Likes

They’ve literally spent like 3 patches buffing it to the launch power.

Because Blizzard is not good at this whole “balancing” thing.

You wonder why people still bother.

i love it tho, once that sleep cooldown ends i am hunting down that ana for my sweet revenge.

8 Likes

because power creep.

1 Like

They sorta removed it when they nerfed his damage, headshots would still instagib, but the combo was made more reliable when they made his spread pattern more consistent, so more pellets hit.

It’s slower shooting, less ammo, and about 70% less damage.

With a 2sec longer hook

14 Likes

They made it consistent if you’re skilled with aiming the gun correctly after a successful hook. It’s not exactly guaranteed on everyone.

Take it to the practice range and set up the specific bot to a specific character. At that point try to oneshot each character and you’ll find many of them have different hurtboxes, which require a different position of the crosshair.

5 Likes

If they’re getting healed at all, it probably won’t even kill them…

7 Likes

Learn to avoid and counter instead of being a lazy bum who walk straight into Hog in COD fashion then complain about it here.

or pick Ana and tanks, problem solved.

6 Likes

It was never gone, it was just inconsistent.

For example before the buff that had hook bring enemies in closer, you could avoid the combo as Lucio if you quickly crouched and booped the Hog up. You can’t do that anymore, there’s no counterplay.

3 Likes

First of all, there is counterplay if someone gets hooked, just not for the person that got hooked

Second of all, there is counterplay to prevent hooks entirely that doesn’t just include “don’t get hooked”

4 Likes

Thats a tad bit of an exaggeration. At most, he had random pellets removed.

4 Likes

There are strong Road Hogs and weak ones. There are strong counters and weak counters to Road Hog.

You can do your own math where your skill fits.

Road Hog is fine. Hook is not meant to tickle. Land the hook and combo it is skill.

5 Likes

It never left, not once.
They made it more consistent and that is very good.

Also “unfun” is not a way to balance a competitive game.

Heroes like Symmetra and Hammond can be unfun but do you see everyone asking for their core stuff to be removed?

If you get hooked you took the L due to your poor positioning or lack of ears.

3 Likes

Well because he was a joke of a character for a long time after it was nerfed.

3 Likes

I mean, it could be worse. If you want, we could really go back to Hook 1.0 where you could be in Nepal Sanctum and get hooked to Ilios Well.

C’mon buddy. You HAVE to know that Hog has always had that potential. It’s been tweaked here and there to be sure. If you are having specific problems vs Hook with specific Heroes, let us know and we can help you out.

I don’t mind it, its pretty easy to deal with. I just wish the hook wouldn’t hook me behind cover or pull me when there are 2 tanks in front of me and the hook says yolo and hooks me even when he was not aiming for me. Ive done it myself, I was about to hook a ball and the hook suddenly hooked a dps, free kill for me but even I felt cheated because I really wanted the ball. The guy that got hooked obviously had it worse

1 Like