Why u do dis SR

I just destroyed a game as Zarya gold everything best stats I’ve ever gotten won the game 23 SR. I’ve won game with less stats as Zarya that I just got and got like 27-30 SR but the game that I did the highest so far I get 23??? How? why?

1 Like

At least you got sr. :sob:

3 Likes

I mean u right tho u right

1 Like

If your team SR average is higher than the enemy team’s then you get less SR for a win

3 Likes

Seeee I don’t like that :upside_down_face: I did good and should be rewarded for that 23 isn’t an award for doing better then normal

1 Like

You are playing against a weaker opponent, so you are expected to win that game and therefor win less, but lose more.
Same goes if you play against stronger opponents. If you win you gain more, but if you lose you lose less SR

2 Likes

Still don’t like that. SR is SR if I’m supposed to win against that team that’s clearly weaker that match should’ve never been created to begin with.

1 Like

You have to understand it is near impossible for a perfectly 50/50 match, so matches can variety in statistical probably by as much as 40/60 percent (based on the team average MMR for each team). There are also other factors including your frequency of play and how high up the ladder you are (the higher you get the less SR you get, meaning you have to win more games than lose, but this is really noticeable at Grand Master rank). If you are at Platinum rank or less, only then will there be a minor influence in hero performance considered in your skill rating adjustment.

2 Likes

Yeaaaa and I get all that but giving me mid gold dps against a team with 2 Diamond DPS and Diamond tank doesn’t seem very fair in the slightest when theres no one near Diamond on my team. That’s clearly going to be a forced loss and usually is.

I know that this may be bad taste, but could someone at blizzard PLEASE look at my latest post

Because SR gain/loss doesnt just react to your performance in current match, its combination of your MMR and performance in the match.

1 Like

you won, stop malding about not getting an extra 4 sr

1 Like

So in theory a player could be stuck in the 40% over and over again.

1 Like

Mathematically possible, however EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.

2 Likes

I just played in comp on Volskaya. Within about 1 minute one player on my team drops/disconnects and we play 5v6 for the whole game.

My team continued to fight despite being 1 man down for the whole game AND we managed to win! And yes I got gold heals as support.

The reward was +10 SR.

WTF Blizzard!

I dont think so, games out of 50/50 are quite rare honestly. SR difference means nothing as matchmaker use MMR to calculate team vs team numbers.

10 in plat? Thats extremely weird.

The average SR gain is 24 once your MMR is stabilised so even accounting for PBSR, like Wyoming said, you probably had a 60% chance to win that match i.e. you gained less SR since the odds were heavily in your favour.

1 Like

That’s how I have experienced it. Also WyomingMyst and KSeven7 seem to be confirming that as well.

When I used to be a Diamond player, especially on Tank role, I would get matched a few times with a full masters/GM game and sometimes even Top 500. I would usually lose less and win more.

1 Like

I was talking about average team SR difference. It doesnt matter because matchmaker is not using sr to create games. Mmr is used for that.

I know your sr gsin/loss is affected by not balanced games. But chance to have game like this is rare, i though it is. I cant speak for masters and diamond tho, ranks with lower player base have a lot more chance to get unbalanced game. Recently i asked gm player and he said that majority of games is 25 SR gain/loss so i presumed its same in masters and diamond too.

1 Like