Why the "Rainbow" icon is problematic and disappointing

then stop hating on the devs for adding role queue. thats unreasonable btw.

ofc its not.

its the job of the lore/art team.

1 Like

Yup personally want to see more latino heroes. We got so many spanish speaking countries, the us included. Hope to see some more maybe some more carribean heroes too.

2 Likes

OW is the one of the most “diverse” games out there, and people are still complaining… smh…

1 Like

I strongly criticise role Q because it took away from content that we already had in the game.

in its initial implementation all competitive players were forced to play it.

that is a perfectly reasonable criticism

one day they quietly added open Q back into the game. i was very happy about that and did not express outrage that it was not for instance named FREEDOM QUEUE

so your criticism is valid and ours is not.

LOL.

no, you complain that they dont remove role queue compleatly.

1 Like

If you look at how i expressed my “demands” i did so in a very reasonable way analysing both arguments for and against the addition. i was logical about it rather than unreasonable

And this from you was reasonable criticism?

that was a request for review of gameplay asking for tips

Well, if you say so.

But after all its quite laughable that you think that you can tell others what they are allowed to ask for.

You are litterly demanding us to not make these threads, lol.

you are not the “opinion police” btw.

i think asking the developers for things is great . and a lot of the time they do actually listen.

i know that they listen because they listened to me about open Q

which is why i am telling you that there is a better way to go about getting the things you want

also let me add that every time the developers listened to me i have given them a LOT of praise

Stop demanding, thanks. LOL.

but they did not listen to the op. why should he praise them.

here is an example of me showing my gratitude /praise when the developers gave us what we wanted:

instead of gratitude in the original post i have just seen demands and entitlement. No “thank you for rainbow icon”

1 Like

why should the op show gratitude?

for representation with the rainbow icon

Yes, and it’s great they added the rainbow. People just wish they did more. I mean, for being as inclusive as Overwatch is, it’s weird that they’re behind the curveball compared to games like Apex on this specific issue.

overwatch could definitely learn a lot from apex legends
like the integration of the comic books into the actual game would be good
i wouldn’t say they’re necessarily behind on this. they have tracer as the cover girl

1 Like

But the op is asking for a pride profil icon, not a “rainbow”.

1 Like

Right, I didn’t say in totality. I just said on this specific issue. Riot specifically has done an amazing job actually with the Rainbow Fluft icons that cover most common flags in the LGBT community. The Apex badge is almost all encompassing as well; featuring more than just the rainbow.

How about… nothing? I thought LGBT people just want to be accepted, not receive special treatment. This isn’t make-a-wish, you weren’t even in dire need of an icon and you got that anyways. Now stop being insolent.

4 Likes

I could be wrong but isn’t a rainbow the most representative pride icon/symbol?

personally i think a gradient would be better as it eliminates borders between each colour. it would better represent a spectrum which is just my opinion