đź›° Why the New Overwatch Price Drop is Very "Concerning"

Honestly was waiting for another kind of video today… but I guess oh well might make a post about this.

Honestly with today’s competition, I think cheaper games are better.

Finally Honestly if you haven’t gone here yet… you should: 🛰 Goodman talks about Nerfs and Buffs (Updated with New Video(s) about this Topic. Ironic?)

It’s pretty obvious to anybody who follows Overwatch that the game has been bleeding players for a long time.

Part of that is the natural decline of the game as it gets older but a lot of it can be attributed to Blizzard’s mismanagement. Whether or not it was “Blizzard” or Activision that spurred those decisions is irrelevant. I don’t really see many signs that they are capable of stemming the bleeding.

4 Likes

Even with all the new content since release, $60 for a game that will soon be 3 years old is a big ask.

Especially when so many gamers would rather spam online forums with complaints about microtransactions or just play Fortnite.

If anything, all the extra post-launch content has made the game less accessible because there’s so much more to learn and understand.

The main concern is the flood of smurfs. It used to be periodic to promotions, now it’ll be a constant run of them.

It’s a 3 year old game, it was never going to be full price forever, and last 6 months or so it’s been regularly on promotion anyway.

I’ve no doubt they are haemorrhaging players. But that’s mismanagement and poor development. They’ve been firefighting since Brigs release, every patch has been about her. And while I love Ashe, she is pretty basic mechanically, and I can only presume that’s because they’re still struggling with that fallout; same reason Hammond has had zero support and we’ve had no map, and everything else has slowed to a crawl.

I don’t know how they dig themselves out of this one. But making the game cheaper will do nothing if the game isn’t good.

1 Like

imho i think the main reason this game has had so many people drop is out is cause Comp is basically quick play with a number. it doesnt feel competitive, in that it doesnt feel different from non-competitive.

1 Like

The price drop is only in Europe

1 Like

What?

If it’s 20 bucks it might as well be free.

THANK YOU for giving me pause and make me realize that this whole “Overwatch now permanently price chopped” story is based on next to no information or sourcing outside of a few obscure YouTubers and some strangely named websites.

Polygon has nothing on this. Neither does IGN or Kotaku or Gamespot.

Upon closer inspection, Destructoid does have a post up right now about this (www destructoid com/blizzard-permanently-slashes-20-off-the-price-of-overwatch-on-pc-540272.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter), but I’m not sure how legit they are (following gaming news closely isn’t something I’ve done seriously for years).

If nothing else, everybody just be cautious about stuff like this. Fake news generates itself organically and a lie can travel around the world before the truth has made it out the front door.

1 Like

I saw the original picture and I was like ??? do you guys not know what a dollar sign looks like??? That’s 19.99 in EUROS

1 Like

and in AUS/NZ, and I expect SEA \ south america, but, these are the places where the servers have dropped so many people, the game is having trouble making games.

They are trying to combat having to shut servers down due to low populations.

We can’t keep new players now they don’t stay for long.

2 Likes