Why the net reaper nerf for experimental?

it is a net buff not a nerf.

i can’t count how many times i wanted to harass back line but i’m still waiting those 3-4 seconds to shadowstep in the back again.

Wraith should’ve never had a reload it is a stupid concept that we got use to it. His ult should reload as he’s literally pulling out new shotguns when he does it.

I do agree that hte new speed is too slow and should be a little faster.

1 Like

Wraith adds what it always does, phasing through damage and disengage. You can also combine it with shadowstep and get a free get out of jail free card (though this might be a glitch and not intended to stop all damage.

… you can’t disengage with wraith unless you use the telegraphed shadow step. If we applied your logic to other heroes, genji should only be able to use deflect to deflect alot if he is dashing or tracer’s dash when blinking for it to be viable to use

Not going to lie, being able to dash and deflect before and after sounds pretty rad.

Experimental reaper may not be able to reload or speed boost, but his significantly reduced cooldowns and added slipperiness gives him a much needed edge that is sorely missing from his kit.

If you play near your team you can. I have a few times.

Also if you disengaging with wraith/ss you can get back into a flank position sooner as SS is on 5 second cooldown. That is an overall buff

That is extremely situational though (not the teamplay but the flank repositioning post fight). The long cast time and sound makes it extremely easy to pick off enemy reapers who try to use it as a flanking tool. Im not talking about my experiences as reaper as I only have 3 hours on experimental for him (I have been able to use it as such in situational circumstances), just that the cooldown buffs are not worth the utility nerf to wraith form

No I would say it is a net buff because you can use shadow step and wraith at the same time.

In fact, I would say such a mechanic is a little bit broken because now you can wraith TP onto hanzo or widow.

You don’t keep wraith post tp. The casting has invuln but not when you reappear