Why the inconsistency?

Venture gets shields, but literally everyone else gets overhealth? Why?

2 Likes

They’re not overshields like everyone else had, they’re actual shields that regenerate over time.

they degenerate pretty quickly. so your never gonna be in a situation where the shields actually recover, they will already be gone again.

This one is quite weird. It feels like it should work the same way as JQ or Doom’s overhealth. But it doesn’t.

Does EMP still shred shield health? Maybe it opens some counterplay options?

I don’t know, but there is a single interaction where the difference matters and that’s versus Symmetra. It increases her chances versus Venture.

That’s kind of true, but you can keep them indefinitely if you keep using abilities. Try this:

• Burrow into the ground and use Drill Dash
  • Get hit for a bunch of damage
  • Use drill dash after about 4 seconds
  • Use burrow again

You’ll probably regenerate 40 shields before you come out of burrow, assuming you were damaged.

symmetra isnt vs anyone, she will be lucky to just survive and not be a burden on team.

You see, I expected a reply such as this one because anytime anyone mentions Symmetra the doom and gloom seeps directly from your pores

I respond with, what you said has literally zero bearing on what I said. It is objectively better for Symmetra that Venture gets shield health instead of overhealth, best case scenario for her.

So put down your seppuku tools and just understand that tiny little thing

you will not stop me from doing sepuku :joy:

Wonder if that’s how they intend to buff Symmetra…?
Replace all the Green HP with Shield HP so Beam passive can have more impact than it currently does with the limited amount of Barrier/Shield HP targets.
That way, no buffs to her numbers (attack, range or cooldowns) but giving her more indirectly.

I’m of opposite opinion. Lately there are too many D.vas bullying me while i just want to chill on highground and go ratata on people.

So i have to switch to Sym to stop the bully.

1 Like

It was more of an unfortunate oppurtunity that passed her by. There were a lot more characters that generated shield health but they all got overhealth as of OW2, and Symm got the lifesteal buff post OW2.

Venture does serve as an indirect buff to both Symmetra and Reinheardt as she has qualitues both of them can do well against.