Why the heck can Brig bully tanks?

I’m always in a two-stack most of the time, and exist in high gold to mid plat where everyone is literally either too busy being toxic to play well, or literal garbage, (or the 1% where they’re nice AND good at the game lmao) so trust me I know what it’s like to have your team not have any idea how to protect their supports or back line lmao

Man you’re right I forgot doomfist has a shield as well.

So if brig is in close range and does not have to focus on aiming bust just keeping someone in her LOS it sounds like brig will have the upper hand. Especially if it’s a zen/mercy. Stun mercy out of GA and if you can keep both close together chances are you can burn them down together while healing yourself. Ya he brig might die in the process but 1 death plus 2 deaths of supports on the enemy team generally means victory.

1 Like

She’s very easily outta position with a well timed hog hook and as long as your team can finish her (1hit usually after the hook n shoot from full) we have a 6v5 and they’re down a heals.
All it is is a matter of coordination, which i do concede can be difficult

The fact of the matter is that a HEALER should not be able to 1v1 a tank. And what do you mean by brigs shield only had 600 hp so rein and orisa have her beat? Brigs shield has a stun rein and orisas shields are useless against brig.

What are your thoughts on this idea:
🛡️ [Brig] Replace Stun with Dizziness

Yup.
The game needs more heros like Brigitte that punish poor teamwork, or there’s no compelling incentive to cooperate. Many heros can’t even function as intended without teamwork, making them troll picks in most games. I think that contributes to the DPS main hate; So many players would rather just run around shooting easy targets than contributing to the objective. It’s problematic that that’s actually an effective strategy in low level games (especially with the weird pre-Brigitte mentality that Supports should be free kills). Brigitte punishes careless flankers. I don’t like that she can punish the slower heros even more than the speedy flankers, but she does do her intended job very well.

If “literally all ranks from bronze to high master have poor teamwork” in a game that’s literally all about teamwork, then there’s a problem with the game or the players or both.

Hrm. Rein has a pretty big advantage against Brig 1v1 due to his damage output and the fact that every attack he has ignores her shield. Best advice I have is two-fold:

1. Spend some time playing Brig if you haven’t already. She’s extremely similar to Rein, so you won’t learn a lot, but you will get a better feel for her weaknesses.
  2. Realize that the OP is really asking “Why can Tank A bully Tank B?” The dynamic becomes sort of obvious if you realize Brig is tank. She just has less damage/mobility in exchange for healing. Her effective total health and damage output are very similar to Winston’s, so treat her accordingly.

Rein kicks my buns as brig.

She is good against hog though if you can bait the hook consistently.

Good thing she is a healer/tank hybrid then!

The better question is why was Brig not classified as a tank? It would have done wonders for her perception.

1 Like

Yes, and the concept of Paladins isn’t new for that reason.

Because the power required to give her an advantage against tracer is also greater than all the tanks?

My guess would be because Inspire heals allies. Ie, she has a healing skill without a cooldown like all the other healers in the Support category. Without that, she’d be as much of a healer as Soldier. Though, I agree it would’ve helped the perception of her. People tend to think “support” should mean “harmless” and/or “fragile”.

1 Like

The 1v1 argument is a moot point in these threads. It really doesn’t matter who wins that as it rarely exists in Overwatch (except custom games). However, if you look at a Rein v Rein it alludes to the problem.

In a Rein v Rein, within a team setting, the battle is “who is going to make the first opening?”. You can’t just simply charge the other rein and expect to live, there has to be a mistake or an intelligent play.

The real problem is that Briggs stun on the front line comes for free when in a team environment.

Personally, I’ve always advocated that a shield bash should actually wipe the shield (forcing a recharge from 0). This way, attacking the front line would be an all in that would require your team mates resources and doesn’t affect her ability to counter flankers.

I also feel that Rein, in particular, could use a passive related to stuns… at least diminishing returns per life or the like.

I think you’re probably right.

I know she does but to me how she spends her time shoud have been a bigger categorical factor than the existence of a good heal. She’s a hybrid, so she’s got elements of both. She does both. So category should have been based on player perception, and monopoly of time more so than having it based on something like she’s got a good heal.

1 Like

If your Rein is off by himself for this to happen, he deserves to die for it.

When she bashes into the enemy team maybe?

Most would consider being surrounded by enemies with zero mobility abilities to be a pretty bad position to be in.

Maybe this is a silly thing to zero in on, but the way you describe it as degrading is weird to me. I also main tanks and frankly, I consider Brigitte a tank.

Would you find it degrading if they moved her into the tank category? Is it just because she’s a support? Because tanks bully each other. We try to take space away from each other. I’ve had lots of good battles against my fellow tanks trying to assert my dominance.

I guess I don’t understand why you described it that way.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say “only” 600 HP as if that’s not a substantial sum-

It is.

And don’t get me wrong, i DONT think Briggs is op. And openly advocate as much.

I feel she’s too easy for how much impact she has due to her reliability and lack of possible fail mechanics- and feel her only real “issue” is it takes more skill to counter her (which I know will ruffle some feathers, so I apologize), but not over powered

But a 600 hp shield of nothing to scoff at. And certainly isn’t low enough to be “only” 600.

It’s an addition 600. On a hero with 250 hp. 50 of which is armor.

She’s tanky. Amazingly so

Intentionally.

Let’s not down play one of her biggest strengths as if it’s no big deal.

4 Likes