Why tf isnt there a scoreboard

it wont becouse your toxic mercy player will blame u now if u didnt get more than 100 kills

yeah so this is wrong. if 17000dmg on Soilder (at the end of the game) is worth 2 extra points of SR at the end of the game, it can tell you how much PBSR you are currently earning in the middle of the game, by using the dmg/10 minute metric

likewise if 5000dmg on Soilder is worth negative 2SR

I don’t think this is true anymore.

This idea is pretty bad one, considering that:

1. It reduces personal performance to a DPS meter from a PvE game like WoW, and it shouldn’t be that.

2. You can be having high damage without eliminations, which means you effectively fed ultimates to the supports from the enemy team.
    The same way, say a Moira that has her ultimate ready wont throw a damage orb at the enemy unless she knows she’ll kill someone with it for sure.

I’m sure the personal performance factor is a complicated matter and it requires someone, that can analyze things very well, look from different perspectives and so on. It’s not as easy as “mid game you did 5K, this counts for 2SR extra if you were to win”…

But from what I’ve seen so far in-game, some people are placed where they shouldn’t be and it ruins games for others, so the system is not as perfect as many would have you believe. I believe, that it’s greatest defenders are the ones, that are abusing it the most.

information is good, ignorance is bad

this is a fallacy imho, if your damage is through the roof, but you aren’t killing anyone, this is not necessarily bad. An injured warrior must retreat. There’s many factors to consider, but high dam/low kills is not always a bad thing.

that’s why I propose having all new accounts start at zeroSR and you’re also allow to shed SR with the click of a button. “The better you are at Overwatch, the more integrity your games have.” This should be Blizz’s stance imho, although I know it will never happen.

Agreed on principle. However, in the case of Overwatch, I don’t believe we’re at a point, when we’ll get this sort of info in-game.
However, a post with the formulas on the forums would be good for actually players to review it and see what’s going on, because things are not as they should be.
However, the devs act as if the system is perfect and a trade secret, which is infuriating beyond belief.

Sure, if it’s at the end of the match and the enemy retreats from the objective – great.
But if you stack one ult, while the two enemy supports stack two, I’d argue, that it’s bad.

Agreed.

I completely agree.
This reminds me.

If you’ve played WoW back in 2008 and you were familiar with WoW Arena, you would probably remember, that the TBC system was you starting on 1500 rating directly.
This was changed with WotLK and you would start on 0 rating and 1500MMR.
The points exchange used to be between 0 and 22, with the average of 11, but if you were too far from your MMR, you would get bonus points for a win…

So say in the first season you were to reach 2K rating and say this is your limit, so your MMR was also 2K.
The next season, you would start at 0 rating with MMR of 2K and for the first 10-15 games, you would get like 100 points each to get you closer to where you needed to be, and if meanwhile your MMR were to raise or drop, that would affect your point’s gain.

So, your idea is nothing new. It already existed and it worked out pretty damn nicely. Hell, MMR was displayed in either late WotLK or Cata.

However, in Overwatch we don’t see MMR… it’s stupid.

1 Like

I played Rated BattleGrounds in MoP

I wasn’t good, same as Overwatch lol, but the thing that infuriated me there was their barebones LFG feature. Here’s what I want for Overwatch. QoL for the LFG

I never played Arena. I would’ve done 5v5, but everyone played 3v3.

Do you still play rated PvP in WoW? I stopped WoW because they didn’t support rated PvP, which is understandable, it’s an RPG afterall…

1 Like

I started WoW in 2008 when during TBC. I was still learning the game. I was lucky enough to play During Season 3, which to this day is considered one of the most balanced seasons.
I learned a thing or two, reached 1850 (which at the time was the rating requiremed for the good weapons) and I was pretty happy.
WotLK came and I gradually improved at the game. The only thing that I wanted to finish, but didn’t bother at the time was Arena master. I didn’t have 2.2K on 5v5, which I could and should have done.
I basically grinded what I needed, and then I had fun with the gear by doing battlegrounds or world PvP.

TBC and WotLK were the basically the perfect balance between accessibility, customization, skill and balance. Subsequent expansions made the game waay too noob friendly and skilless, they literally took out many skills (as in abilities), so you had waay less basic abilities and cooldowns to manage, as a result the skill ceiling was drastically reduced.

Expansions like Legion (and from what I hear BfA), turned itemization into a total RNG with you having no control over what you get. Basically, you can’t stack currency and buy what you want, instead you take what the game throws at you and you always equip the highest item level.

So, I’m sad to inform you, but if you missed TBC and WotLK (maybe you were too young at the time, or didn’t play WoW for some reason), you’ve missed out and no other expansion provides what those two did. Sounds crazy and nostalgic, but it’s true.

It’s also very sad that many people want Vanilal WoW, when Vanilla was a skilless two-button noob friendly grinfest, and TBC was what really evolved the game and made it awesome, and you actually had to play skillfully.

I so wish Overwatch could be made in a similar fashion. 2-2-2 rolelock is one step in making the game more structured, which on some level I believe is a good thing, but the personal performance is so messed up, it’s not even funny. Again, many people place too high on roles they can’t fulfill. I personally placed higher on DPS than I should have, and lower on the other 2 roles. I should have placed Plat or Higher on support, instead I placed mid gold. I should Have played Bronze on DPS, I placed Gold. Total nonsense, I tell ya!

1 Like

personally, I think my SR is working fine, and as intended.

there’s 462 ways to mix up 11 people to get you a match. you have to play about 700 games to ensure (with 97% certainty) that you have an accurate SR.

PBSR will you get you close, but the only cure for a bad matchmaker, is more data :slight_smile:

Well, good for you, but for me it’s completely nonsensical.
Basically as a Tank, I sould have placed High Gold or low Plat. I placed 1.8 Silver. Total Nonsense. Just by playing few games I got it easily to 2.2K and I’ll keep on raising.

Support is my biggest problem. I’ve played that one to 2.8K+ high Plat, the game placed me on 2.3 and I almost dropepd down to 2K due to terrible DPs on my team. Now I’m slowly grinding back up.

Meanwhile, I placed 2.1 or 2.2K on DPS, can I can’t play DPS for crap. I should be Bronze on that role!

And I noticed similar thing from XQC. I quite like XQC. He placed 4k+ on DPS with 5 losses. Total nonsense! Awesome player, no one can deny, but I don’t think he’s a 4K+ DPS.

about how many games do you play per season?

I average about 75 wins per season (I’m guessing I play around 150 games per season), and have done so since season 7

I admit – absolutely not enough, but that has more to do with either the meta, or the quality of the players I encounter.

This Beta Season is… in many regards an improvement when it comes to allies, but total crap when it comes to placements.

Yeah, but the thing is

1. There are no real rewards associated with certain ratings for it to be worth it to grind all that much.
  2. There is no minimum amount of games required for you to earn said rewards, in order for you to feed enough data to the matchmaker in the process.

People believe, that if they place on certain rating, they belong there, even though they haven’t done x amount of games for said season. That’s a big problem IMO.

1 Like

oh yeah…

blizz needs to be 1000% transparent with everything that touches Overwatch. sports are meant to be played in the open, not behind close doors. save maybe releasing the source code, but definitely give us the API or what ever

1 Like

Oh, don’t get me started on the whole e-sports thing.

I remember the World Cup where pro players were playing on what looked like Bronze level.

Interestingly enough, I watched a guy on youtube, who encapsulated perfectly my impressions. Look for Syberbolt and “4 Reasons Why The Overwatch League Will Fail”.

Don’t get caught up in the click bait title, look at the actual arguments he presented. And while the League didn’t technically fail, I would argue, that the way it was forced into existence (through money instead of player interest), it had detrimental effects on the game for the vast majority of the player base.

I don’t watch sports, I play them.

While I can’t comment of the virtues of the OWL, I can say, it’s success will greatly improve the QoL for the rank and file of the Overwatch ladder players. The more money CokeCola gives OWL, the quicker we’ll get more avoid player slots. That’s my sentiment anyway.

1 Like

look up Syberbolt on youtube if you have the time. It will give you all the commentary you’ll need.

Amen!

1 Like

LoL was bad at first, but it got less the further into it I got. TF2 wasn’t bad at all. L4D2 was played only amongst friends, so I’ve no basis. GTAV is played on Mute. Duh. PUBG you mute the lobby.

I’ve had many a death threat in OW. Many a threat on my family. Many ‘violent act’ threatened. Many a rank shaming. Innumerable people that tilt for zero reason.

At the root of it all? It goes from person to person. I’ve had the absolute worst things said via Overwatch Chat. Others have heard the absolute worst things said over other games. Meh.

1 Like

my games are usually pretty chill

My games are usually not. Imagine that.

You know what Crayyzen, I’ve thought about this topic a lot. On one hand, yeah, it would be nice to shut people up about ‘I have gold kills, what are you guys doing’, and you say ‘Uh, no, you don’t have gold kills. Player X has gold kills’.

But on the other hand, then you’ll have people who all they care about is a specific stat, and all they do is try to get that stat higher than other people.

I hear you, a scoreboard would be interesting, but I’m afraid it might turn people into bad teammates.

here’s the problem with that argument though. People who misread scoreboards will drop in rank until their SR stabilizes, and is made up for some other way i.e. Ult tracking, mechanical skill etc…