Why single out brig in 222 reworks?

Zenyatta is probably the most balanced hero int he game since day 1. I think the only nerf he ever got was the range on his ult a LONG time ago.

I really dont understand this brig rework. Giving a melee hero no survival is not a good idea. The main reason brig is a monster now is cause you got 4 squishy dps on the your team and she is just able to duel them, but if there was an actual 2/2/2 comp her effectiveness goes way down. She cant farm kills if the squishy are actually getting healed or a tank blocks her path.

They jumped the gun on this rework they should done a slight nerf or left her alone and waited to see what 2/2/2 bring in the main game before butchering her hero design.

I never thought she was a big problem to face. I cant play PTR on xbox so I cant say if this is exactly good or bad for brig in forced 2/2/2 personally but as someone who doesnt play her and never had issues facing her it makes no sense in my eyes.

They were… But they already were tweaked for 33… Did they previously overperform then? They also aren’t tweaking her akin to zen and Lucio… Will they be tweaked to be more like her?

…why not see that before making changes?

do people genuinely forget hwo other character work or do they honestly belive brig is the only hybrid in the game.

zen is a hybrid of dps and supports
hog and zarya are a hybrid of tanks + dps.
Mei is a dps mixed with tank abillties
Soldier is a dps with a foot into the supports
Moira is a dps + support

1 Like

Zen has this rrp but it’s not…true.

50 disc orb
Spread changes
Health changes
30 disc
To now.

It’s quite significantly different than launch.

Agreed…as is Lucio.

I disagree here. Mercy would be a better dps should her players choose so.

I’m not really sure how Zen and Lucio will be tweaked, it’s up to Blizz.

And Blizz did test Brig before changing her. They do tests amongst themselves before releasing something to ptr. But not it’s the playerbases turn to test her and give feedback.

Because they want her to be more support than hybrid for now, to see how it goes for her. They’ll change numbers as they go. They may have nerfed her so they can slowly raise her bar instead of having her super buffed and working down.

I think it’s more enjoyable for players to see a hero to go up then down like they’ve been doing in the past. For now it’s like a new start for her and she’ll get buffs where necessary along the way.

No Moira is a DPS/Support she cant even heal without dealing damage to refill her meter. Yea she has the orb but it’s not nearly as good at healing as her mist is. Any moira who plays her as Healer only is gonna struggle. She needs to damage and she’s really good at securing kills on fleeing enemies with the damage orb. She’s my main support I play and you cant do one role without doing the other.

You play only healer you not gonna be able to sustain your team in a long fight, you play only dps your team is gonna without heals, you have to play her as a hybrid.

The numbers don’t lie, it was a nerf. She heals less on the PTR than she does on live. Inspire only procs when Brig lands a hit on an enemy. However, due to her lack of mobility and her being a melee character, she cannot reliably deal damage and thus cannot reliably proc inspire which results in less healing.

1 Like

…uh huh…

That requires a flat rework akin to symm. Not mercy previous reworks

I think that depends. Lucio just got tweaks and has a happier player base overall. Mercy and symm both do not.

Jeff said that Brig was underpowered in 222 without 2 supports backing her up, so they actually buffed her.

That would mean no nerfs. She has been reworked…not buffed.

She was underpowered in 222. They made her more powerful. That’s a buff.

They did not. By nerfing other aspects, they reworked.

Symm 2.0 was a net buff from 1.0 because she gained more than she lost. 75 shields is a buff from 75. 6 turrets is a buff from 3…gave her a shield of 1000 to compensate for the mid fight loss of 25. Buffs.

Lucio was reworked. Buffing his aoe power to lower the aoe . Symm 3.0 was reworked entirely.

Brig is reworked. Not buffed.

When a less powerful thing is more powerful due to a rework, its called being buffed.

For now, yes it’ll feel unfair for people used to how she used to play, but 222 is a whole new structure and it’ll take a while to see how the heroes fit in it. Change will happen, I think it’s just about patience, play the game so that the Devs get more data. It’s okay to not like something, but I think it’s more constructive to go over your own play, see what can change and then giving constructive criticism.

For me I’d say at most put her shield to 250, change the sound of her armor pack to before, it wasn’t a necessary change.

Not when she is simultaneously nerfed. In flat power, she has been nerfed. In order to be buffed, the consideration of power needs to outweigh the nerfs. She got a healing buff. But that isn’t equal to her barrier Nerf.

Argumentively, to even be a “balanced rework” her hps would need to be 41.675 in inspire. A 250% buff of hps, to her 250% Nerf of barrier.

She was underpowered in 222. That means she had less power.

They did a rework (which is a process) and buffed her for 222, making her more powerful.

In flat power, she was made more powerful as a support in the new 222 format.

She was buffed.

Healer…not support. There’s a bug difference. If Zen was buffed to 45 hps, but nerfed to 13 disc orb, that’s also a rework imo, but a buff to you. But I think a large part of the playerbase would find a 13 disc orb a flat Nerf

I don’t really care about numbers, the game has a completely new structure now.

Regardless of role, she was under performing in 222

She was buffed so she could do better in 222.

She may have been nerfed if we were talking about live, but we’re not, we’re talking 222.

She was buffed.

She wasn’t ever really given a chance :woman_shrugging:t5:

She seemed to be fine and again, not given a chance

Which most players play, and she seems to be the only balanced support by that argument.

She was reworked
And the sole one to be so.