Why should we give feedback?

To me 100% is when it is acknowledged by Blizzard. I have seen game changes that I could have sworn were bugs and were declared not bugs, and I was like “whaaaaaaaa?” So I don’t like confirming anything without an official source.

3 Likes

They still haven’t acknowledged they’re a huge failure when it comes to balancing and that they implemented role Q cuz they couldn’t balance brig kekekekekekekek

11 Likes

you said hanzo is weak, I stopped listening

11 Likes

not true really but gauging majority is always tricky, specially around here, feedback from the community is taken in account as well as the pros and the data that devs have, back in the day Jeff explained this and it seems to still be true to this day

if you feel like you shouldn’t be giving feedback then… well, stop but just like voting, when a candidate you didn’t support ends up winning you can’t really complain since you didn’t vote, now if you vote but the candidate you chose loses then you simply have to understand that sometimes you’re in the minority

could the system be rigged? it could but unlike the government blizz can do whatever they want with their product and it’s up to you to keep playing or not

I’d wager that these changes didn’t drive away anyone from the game, quite the opposite actually

1 Like

Let’s bring up that massive post shall we? Note, I don’t have this archived on the online archive yet so I have to pull from my direct text source. This is from July 7th, 2017.

3 Likes

Is it the devs that are not listening or is it the couple hundred people that frequent these forums that are not getting it or not listening?

Basically what I always say but people in here dismiss it, just because they think they represent the overall player base.
As far as their opinions and what they think the game needs

1 Like

you will find the same complaints on streamer twitter and reddit

3 Likes

I don’t go to Reddit but in the recent poll, which the majority of voters were from Reddit further backed up my way of thinking as far as the game direction goes.

And what streamers are you talking about, the ones that play the heroes you like and have a similar opinion as yourself?
Because I would imagine you don’t watch streamers that play the heroes you hate and have an opposite opinion of what you have.

Because most of those past OW streamers that overall were some of the biggest streamers on twitch have moved on to other games.

1 Like

litterally go find a streamer that thinks the cassidy and hanzo buffs were needed. can you guys stop bending over backwards to defend the devs and admit they made a mistake, can you do that

6 Likes

How is it a mistake if McCree has had the worst win rate of all 32 heroes in the past 6 months.
I’m pretty sure that blizzards own internal stats made them aware of this and is the reason why they have been trying to push any type of tweak to help McCree out in the last few patches and XP cards.
I don’t like the Hanzo buff but again Hanzo is on the bottom tier of heroes that have bad win rates as well.
Only in these forums does that not matter at all and only if you see a hero frequently in your games is the final determining Factor if a hero is overpowered.

2 Likes

LOL you think hanzo and cassidy are bad heroes nothing you say is valid hanzo and cassidy are both s tier heroes

8 Likes

It’s not what I think or say, it’s what’s Blizzards own internal statistics are showing them.
No wonder Blizzard pretty much ignores the vast majority of nonsense that people saying here.
As they should to be honest.

2 Likes

The question should be, “Why should we endow this company with our money?”

When customers buy into a video game experience, it is with the understanding and expectation that a decent, fun, and well-managed will be the product delivered. It isn’t. So vote with your wallets and uninstall. They’ve had enough chances to prove they were worthy of our money and leisure time and they failed.

When we hand our money over, the expectation is that a suitable group of adults is able to shape and direct the game. That hasn’t materialized. In fact, what information we do get is that rabid 14-year olds on Youtube are the predominant driving force behind the decisions here. The devs, during their admission of guilt over fumbling the whole “Echo” thing, admitted that they could not even convince the team to focus on established work priorities. The goal was create a new support asset. What happened is that someone focused on a piece of concept art and couldn’t let go, then they came up with a really bad idea for an ultimate and just couldn’t let it go. And instead of having the discipline to say “no” to the bad idea, or even just move it to the backburner for some future development and release later so that in the meantime they can focus on the goal they were given, they just succumbed to the idea of working on anything else except the task at hand, and just ran with it and released yet another DPS into the game starving for literally any other content except that.

Where was the adult in the room to very politely thank the person for the work but then politely remind them of the project goals and ask that they redirect their efforts towards that? You don’t need to be mean about it or be a slavedriver, but there needed to be an adult to lead the team and give them the structure they needed to focus on the good health of the game. That didn’t happen.

Imagine if you worked for Toyota and they asked you to engineer a better diesel outboard boat motor, but you came to your boss 6 months later with plans for a slick new dune buggy with a big spoiler on the back because all the kids on Youtube won’t stop talking about how cool they are. Would you keep your job after that? Methinks not.

It boggles my mind that this game was supposedly one of the hottest thing in gaming news 5 years ago. Today the game is in shambles, the balancing is a meme unto itself, the playerbase is dwindling, the devs don’t even think the original property is a viable entity anymore and plan on nuking it from orbit just to be sure. There’s a long-term gamble on trying to resurrect the game Great Phoenix style by holding back all the content that would have kept the game viable in the first place, but it’s years out and comes at the cost of the aforementioned nuking of the original product and nothing in the relaunch actually addresses the series of problems and bad decision-making that led to the previous title going from top of the world to trash heap in 5 years’ time.

But don’t worry! Because they’re just going to make sure tanks die even faster in the next phase because it wouldn’t be Blizz balancing ™ without doubling-down on the problems. Then they plan on blaming supports for all this despite the fact that there’s video evidence that proves otherwise, and then using that blame to nerf supports too all while wondering why their big gamble never resulted in better DPS times. Brilliant.

6 Likes

Sure. Show me evidence that there are more people that like the patch. But oh wait! You can’t because even on twitter there are posts with THOUSANDS of likes saying this patch is terrible. The truth is that this patch is disliked significantly more.

Here’s a fact for you: (From OWL Feb 2021)
Cassidys winrate when picked for partial match: 44%
When picked for whole match: 60%

9 Likes

The Ball fix is okay. and it is fair to return scatter arrow in some way.

But Match maker needs repairs the most , followed by the Competitive Match rating system.

As long as smurffs are clogging the proverbial drain. The folks that should be falling in rank never will and the those that actually WORK to win, will always be stuck in the drain.

Match maker is a dumpsterfire and for all intents and purposes. If Blizzard cannot get a handle on it now. They are in no way, shape, or form ready to Launch a Sequel.

This whole “saving it for #2” isn’t going to work. Folks see that they cannot get a Grip now. They won’t get it then. That is what ROASTED World of Warcraft back then.

I couldn’t even hold a guild together at that point. Because people were so irate with the company for not addressing Match makers for battlegrounds and Arena play then, and then handling the game’s balance of giving fair leaway to Raiders. They needed the extra healing in dungeons. While battlegrounds they needed LESS.

Yeah I’m not writing more posts about balance because they’re about bastion and therefore ignored by everyone anyways :sunglasses:

1 Like

You can almost feel the disdain in those words.

Also notable is putting forward incorrect personal takes as near-official gospel, getting it conclusively disproved then on to the spluttering, backpedaling, and deflection.

3 Likes

I’d read them. I read the ones that people posted after the proposed rework got posted to Twitter. I know someone with your same icon had a lengthy write-up on the issue, but I’m guessing that wasn’t you then?

2 Likes

Eh, it may have been me… :sweat_smile:

If ya find them on my profile you’re welcome to read them lol.

1 Like

You should give feedback because it’s valuable to the dev team, as long as it’s valuable feedback.

This is not the type of feedback they are looking for. This is what will get ignored.

What point are you trying to make citing those stats?

What that tells me is that players swap off Cassidy when they aren’t having success with him… as they should. What do you take from those stats?

Thanks for the quotes Wyoming :+1:

It’s been made clear that constructive feedback is helpful & taken into consideration. Just complaining isn’t

1 Like