Why should we give feedback?

Just stop playing the game. Don’t be an addict like Bobby Kotich wants.

1 Like

Community Manager AndyB has given key details to why community feedback does not necessarily mean that feedback will be applied to the game.

Regarding direct suggestions instead of telling them what you like and don’t like…

2 Likes

Yea yea… only the competitive, content creators, influencers, overwatch league are the core blah blah blah… lets buff again meta, popular same, boring and overrated heroes and nerf underrated, newer, fun and hated heroes. And make everything more offensive paced than defensive paced.

18 Likes

They are just a bunch of archaic devs with archaic practices and beliefs in a sinking ship.

You can’t save them all.

Hope ow 2 bombs hard bliz gets liquidated and the ip is bought by some passionate studio, with modern practices.

6 Likes

It’s always funny seeing Wyoming defend blatant stupidity by Blizzard.

12 Likes

Ironic isnt it? Specially after that last patch!

20 Likes

Thats the most funniest joke i’ve ever seen HAHAHAHAHA!

17 Likes

Ok and there has beeen countless personal experiences explicitly stating why this patch is terrible. Have you seen the feedback about shatter going through shields and bubble? Hanzo killing people in the most unfun ways possible? Cassidy vs doomfist now?

I find this whole patch hilariously hypocritical. So hanzo and cassidy get buffed because of their winrates, yet ball is nerfed despite having a low winrate? Their favoritism is really showing there.

Oh the irony :joy:

16 Likes

I also have seen feedback praising many features of the patch myself. Also note its only been 1 business day since the patch was released. If they are going to react to the feedback, it will likely still be a few more days.

That is a bug to my knowledge. Again, this is likely going to need time to fix.

Remember I am quoting from a post to give whole context to how community feedback is collected and used. Not quoting something specific to this patch.

3 Likes

Ah come on man. You’d have to be living under a rock to not see that the community clearly has given significantly more negative feedback. And by significantly I mean by a MASSIVE margin. It is such an unbelievably unpopular opinion to like this patch.

Now you’re just clearly picking and choosing good feedback, proving this persons point:

So… why was this patch moved straight to live then? That literally makes no sense. That’s exactly why you experiment with these sort of things.

20 Likes

If the current changes went live on the Experimental card it is very likely the bug would affect both Live and Experimental.

1 Like

That is a bug to my knowledge. Again, this is likely going to need time to fix.
[/quote]

How longer this will take? 2 months or 1 month? :thinking: resulting 1 month of abusing reins broken shatter

3 Likes

I’m gonna need an explanation for this one because that makes no sense whatsoever…

That’s like saying you make a change on workshop and a bug that comes with that change moves over to live servers. It just makes no sense.

4 Likes

I am hopeful within the week, but that is my speculation. The problem is that this bug came to be general public knowledge by the end of the day on Friday (you know before the weekend). Officially there is not any confirmation that this is a bug (99% sure it is though).

Oh it is not even 99% but 100% I’ve seen top rein mains shatter through walls and get an instakill on a squishie

9 Likes

To me 100% is when it is acknowledged by Blizzard. I have seen game changes that I could have sworn were bugs and were declared not bugs, and I was like “whaaaaaaaa?” So I don’t like confirming anything without an official source.

3 Likes

They still haven’t acknowledged they’re a huge failure when it comes to balancing and that they implemented role Q cuz they couldn’t balance brig kekekekekekekek

11 Likes

you said hanzo is weak, I stopped listening

11 Likes

not true really but gauging majority is always tricky, specially around here, feedback from the community is taken in account as well as the pros and the data that devs have, back in the day Jeff explained this and it seems to still be true to this day

if you feel like you shouldn’t be giving feedback then… well, stop but just like voting, when a candidate you didn’t support ends up winning you can’t really complain since you didn’t vote, now if you vote but the candidate you chose loses then you simply have to understand that sometimes you’re in the minority

could the system be rigged? it could but unlike the government blizz can do whatever they want with their product and it’s up to you to keep playing or not

I’d wager that these changes didn’t drive away anyone from the game, quite the opposite actually

1 Like

Let’s bring up that massive post shall we? Note, I don’t have this archived on the online archive yet so I have to pull from my direct text source. This is from July 7th, 2017.

3 Likes