Why nobody likes 3-4 DPS (Jeff Replied)

So true, Jeff. It feels like you failed your entire team when you die as solo healer. There’s no way to save that point anymore it’s lost.

16 Likes

That’s great and all, but what is the OW team going to do about it? 4 dps or 5 dps are incredibly common in a lot of games, especially qp.

6 Likes

Nobody claims that 3/4 DPS builds are ideal, just that they can work. There’s a big difference between people saying 2-2-2 is required and 4-1-1 is not universally viable.

1 Like

That’s when Reinhardt becomes Mr. Rectangle man.

2 Likes

Wouldnt that make more sense tho given how heavily dps outnumber the other roles?

1 Like

The game director seems to counter that notion.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve seen that exact argument several times.

1 Like

Interesting.
Would you consider trialing a forced role queue for a season? That way the player base can make up our minds on the matter, or has this experience taught you it’s a definite no?

1 Like

So you know what it feels like to play in QP and in most low rank comp matches and still dont do anything about it. im sad

3 Likes

Man he came in and gave you an instant win on that one.

That’s not what he said.

I’ve never seen an argument that suggests the ideal team comp is 4-1-1 at all times.

Did you read the rest of the comment? He said that the importance of the tank and support increased, resulting in the opposite of the effect you’re going for.

1 Like

Hey Jeff can you talk more on who Leonora is… it would save me so much trouble… seriously I have become the Leonora guy.

I would at least like to be disproven if Leonora is not important at all.

Just anything would help, it would save so much trouble

Pretty please

He said that going with 4-1-1 resulted in more importance being placed on the tank and support, and that the result was “not fun”. Kind of shoots the idea dead, right?

1 Like

The common argument is: “4-1-1 should be the default comp because there’s far more DPS than support or tanks”.

2 Likes

… is it just me or are you as unbearably pretentious as i imagine you to be? I did read the rest tho my comment was on the numbers as far as roles are concerned.

1 Like

What about 7v7? Have you tried that?

2 Likes

His statement was with respect to a standardized 4-1-1 lineup. There’s an enormous difference between “always forcing 4-1-1 leads to problems” which is what he said, and “3 or 4 DPS comps can never ever work.” Every comp is dependent on the map and the enemy lineup. There are cases where 3 DPS is viable, and I’m sure there are cases where 4DPS is viable as well. Just not all the time.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if you guys (maybe unintentionally) balanced around 2-2-2.

3 Likes