Why Mercy mains aren't happy. We aren't entitled, we're being hurt

You are a Mercy main, do not get disheartened.

There are Mercy mains and those who behave as if they are in a cult. The difference is that you are disconnected from the latter, not from being a Mercy player.

Do keep in mind that Mercy mains who play the game are THOUSANDS. The forums forget that because these said thousands play the game, they don’t play the role of the wise ones or the mob members on forums.

3 Likes

:rofl: is this supposed to be balanced?

Honestly I kinda get the feeling they want too much out of very little & it looks like there Devs are going to get it right.

This is an acknowledgement that Mercy is kinda weak atm but not too far off. So minor tweaks here and there will very likely get us all to the promised Land.

To be honest making really huge changes to Mercy will very likely throw the entire have out of balance, we just need her to get a nudge or 2 then we are fine.

1 Like

The Devs finally get incremental adjustments down and you’re honestly complaining already? Landslide buffs and nerfs are what got us here in the first place. I’d rather Mercy get fixed slowly than get broken quickly. I’d rather that for ANY character in the game. Keep cool. This certainly won’t be the last time they touch Mercy

4 Likes

This isn’t a fix at all. Mercy is still worse than she was a few months ago, before her healing nerf.

2 Likes

“mercy is being ignored” - after ONE patch of no balance fixes for her
“no one wanted this buff” - now

Hello? 60hps valkyrie was one of the most requested buffs on these forums aside from a full revert and now “is not the buff we wanted”?
So they try to listen to you all but you still are entitled to say that “it’s not enough”? You really are spoiled brats.
Also, it’s true there’s still a 2% slower ult, but don’t forget damage boost is a thing.

3 Likes

You’re missing the point. You’re expecting some landslide buff that’s going to give her a complete power shift but experience has shown us, and clearly shown the Devs that this is a horrible way of changing things. If they make small adjustments every patch and see how it affects things before patching again, it’s going to put Mercy in a much healthier spot in the long run rather than if they just made a load of changes to her in a single patch. Case and point, it’s why we had a Mercy meta.

Be patient. Put up with it a little longer. If Mercy remains bad she’ll have another buff.

I think it’s about time we switch the background stories of Mercy and Symmetra.

For reasons. Obvious reasons.

1 Like

I never thought about the chain link being a ability while Rez is the ult. That seems very promising to me :thinking:

I agree, I think we’re gonna see at least one more mercy buff in the future. If they brought back 60hps (which I would love and think is fair so long as the enemy team has the game sense to prioritize the mercy) they’d just nerf her back down again. Gradual steps are permanent ones, and this buff is a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Except that analogy doesn’t work at all, because the nerf isn’t the fault of mercy players, it was unjustly forced upon them in order to force a rework no one asked for that still to this day, one year later, clearly does not work and is dysfunctional.

The original analogy is much more fitting because blizzard nerfed an aspect of her LITERALLY no one complained about, and then had the gall to act like PARTIALLY reverting the undeserved nerf is an actual buff, and not a shameful revert because they messed up the character so bad that the only pure healer hero with nearly zero offensive combat capability, with her ULTIMATE ABILITY, cannot outheal Winston: the lowest DPS hero in the game.

A more fitting analogy if you want to keep your professor exam analogy is “hey, I unfairly gave you 10 extra credit points that you never asked for, and since that boosted your score unfairly I’m taking 50 points off your test. But you can have 5 back though.”

No one asked for this rework, and after the year long mess of constant nonstop harassment and endless nerfs trying to balance a failed rework, we get one minor revert to a slightly lesser nerf, and you expect us to act grateful about it? After being ignored for an entire year?

No, this is a shameful excuse for a “buff” and anyone in their right mind sees it for what it is; a glorified partial revert that’s still ultimately an unjustified nerf from what it should be.

5 Likes

I got tired of the constant changes to Mercy and the game overall. Each time Blizzard adds a new character to the game, it causes Blizzard to nerf, buff, or change older heroes.

In the case of Mercy, Blizzard added a cast bar to her rez as a cheap way to balance Mercy. It’s like an op character in LoL getting a cast time on one of their abilities, which causes the character to be played completely different. Then, Blizzard nerfed her healing, which caused Mercy to be more useful being a battle mercy than healing, especially when ulting. Finally, the constant changes to Mercy almost every patch.

Got tired of the constant changes to Mercy and of the whining players who wanted skill heroes to always be better than characters like Mercy.

OW popularity has been in decline. In Korea, the game isn’t as popular like it once was and is on a downward trended in the bangs.

Moira’s elims, damage, and better healing far overshadow the number of people that Mercy picks up with Res. The only reason you’d ever pick Mercy over Moira at this point is if your team is too mobile and Moira can’t keep up.

1 Like

Are you actually stupid? Like… we say we want mas rez back with some added restrictions like line of sight checks and a smaller radius. When she had OG mass rez, she was F tier. If we want OG mass rez with even stricter requirements to be successful with, that means we want her to be worse than she was when she was F tier. She was FUN when she was F tier the first time but now she’s F tier and not fun. The large majority don’t want Valkyrie at all which is what made her OP in the first place. What we are saying we want is the EXACT opposite of wanting her to be OP. Cognitive dissonance is alive and well I guess…

2 Likes

Here’s the thing, Mercy’s state in the game isn’t possession of yours like the donuts in this analogy.

You’re making it out as if Blizzard is unjustly taking something from you, all they’re really doing is balancing their game.

If Blizzard decides that they want their game to be a certain way and you don’t like it then that’s too bad.

This analogy contradicts the title entirely because you’re saying you aren’t entitled while using an analogy that makes it out as if you’re entitled to a hero being balanced exactly how you want them to.

If you truly believe you, yourself are being ‘hurt’ by Blizzard doing these things to a character in a video game then you shouldn’t be playing, just like people who claim to be “depressed” due to losses in this game.

I don’t know how anyone can take your posts seriously when all you do is cherrypick your stats and use exaggerated examples to try and push your agenda (especially in your Genji thread(s), where you act like every Genji player can consistently perform his 218 damage combo in any situation and oneshot all squishies when in reality not even the best Genji players can do so)

2 Likes

50hps is too weak, 60 is perfect for Mercy.
A burst on ult and none on E ? Weak.
Can’t make an ally sustain with a little unexpected heal burst as the opponents burst up the damages. Enemy as burst ? Your beam won’t be able to do anything. And you can’t rez because it’s unusable(and it’s meant to be unusable since it took all these nerf).
Mercy is the least aggressive healer, but she can’t even have decent healing now.

She’s got good healing when I play her. I agree she needs this buff and she needs a little more. But if you’re busting your butt zooming across the map, blasting fools and critting at the right times a good mercy can still carry a team.

People were saying Mercy was being ignored because she was and is the most boring hero in the game to play. Them nerfing her literally just made her even less fun. Most people seem to want Valkyrie gone and totally replaced with something else, so it’s no shock people aren’t happy that it’s being reverted to a subpar state that it already was at a month ago before they randomly nerfed her healing.

The balance team is absolutely not listening. She should have never gotten the healing nerf to begin with when the other supports got buffed. Ana’s buff was so good that she would’ve naturally overtaken Mercy even if Mercy had retained her 60hp/s but we didn’t get to experience that because they simultaneously buffed the others and nerfed Mercy instead of buffing first and then coming back for balance nerfs.

2 Likes

you probably have missed blizzard’s style of buffs (slow, but steady buffs) and the fact that, well, they do what they think it’s right.
So, mercy is the most talked hero on these forums (understatement of the century) and they look at her in the next patch.
How is that not listening?