Why Mercy mains aren't happy. We aren't entitled, we're being hurt

Rez and Valkyrie have been having a power struggle since the rework was announced. This was predicted, and all of the changes up to this point reflect it. I do think rez can be balanced, however. It just needs to be locked behind her ult. Having it as a regular ability was a huge mistake because it takes away the power from her ult to give her kit its overall balance.

I am just mad at this “buff” because it’s exactly what I was complaining about back when the 50hps hit ptr.
I was saying she needs her ult charge increased. I posted on the forums I gave “feedback”, so did others. This “buff” could have been avoided and been done a long time ago.

It all fell on deaf ears and took months.

Listening btw. Mercy players don’t know what they are saying btw. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Not to mention that Mercy doesn’t have offensive capability at nearly any time, so she SHOULD outheal all other supports because that is all she does. AND not to mention that other supports also bring armor or shields that are not mentioned in these statistics at all, so if you add the armor in from Brig, she’s actually very close to Mercy’s overall healing. Same with Lucio. Which is ridiculous when that is all Mercy does and the other supports do much more. Overall, she just does less of everything. Including healing (burst/powerful healing to actually save a target). Which is just sad because that’s all she has. Even taking her resurrects as healing, she is getting 1,600 additional healing at MOST on average per match, which is still not even beating Moira, which again, she should, because that’s all she does.

1 Like

Blizzard not doing exactly as i want is physically hurting me. THEY TARGETED MERCY MAINS

I was never a big fan of mass rez. It always seemed silly to intentionally let people die so you could rez them. So, let’s get that out of the way. I am not asking for mass rez to come back.

This “buff” is a bit of a joke. It gives you an additional ~20% healing for 15 seconds and you get it 20% faster. If you used to get valk every 60 seconds you now get it every 50. Over the course of 10 minutes you get Valk 12 times now instead of 10. So, your ult is 20% more impactful 20% of the time (20% of the time is likely to high). That equates to you being .04% more impactful over the course of 10 minutes.

I anticipate the Mercy party never stopping after this massive buff.

1 Like

^ Basically this, it’s the sole reason Mercy is the way she is right now, it’s too valuable, even if it does feel like a chore to use right now. Just get rid of rez and redisribute the insane value of it into the rest of her kit. Possibly with another, overall-not-as-impactful-but-better-to-use new E ability.

I’m now hurt and crying. Call the police for assault!

No. Put rez back into Valk and remove it from E. You get a rez at the beginning and one after 10 seconds of being in Valk giving you up to two rez’s per valk. Then, Valk feels powerful again. Buff base healing back to 60. Make E some other ability like fly for 3 seconds. Valk is strong. Rez isn’t on a cooldown. People stop complaining.

1 Like

Do I still self-stun myself for nearly two seconds? If yes, that’s a hard No from me. I dread having to use this ability in this state, I’d rather have something proactive at this point.

I’ve been saying this the whole time. Make her E actually something that requires timing and proper usage to get use out of, eg; a cleanse ability that temporarily gives a healing burst (60 HP/s) for 3 seconds, on a 10 second cooldown. And that E becomes a Ress button when Valking.

See now? The better the player, she’ll get more clutch saves and healing done on critical targets, and Ress is now acquired instead of given and still has Valk’s movement/playmaking potential and tether healing/boost.

Ress on a 30 cooldown is a free gift for doing nothing at all, and forcing that is what makes her feel incredibly stale. Saving people out of CC can be incredibly satisfying and powerful, such as cleansing someone who got anti-healed or hacked. Stop giving free abilities by doing nothing, actually make decision making and reaction time rewarding.

And PLEASE, no mass Rezz. That’s incredibly lazy and broken in so many ways. It forces both teams to play a certain way (eg: backpedaling until Mass Ress comes out or Mercy is dead), which is just straight up stupid to watch on either side. It’s easily countered too in a high level environment when teams actually coordinate properly. And no, I don’t want to feel ‘impactful’ by solely pressing Q. It’s pathetic. I’d rather have every action I do matter, than just making it “big” by the press of a button.

2 Likes

This. She was really overtunned and needed to be brought back down to the rest of the cast. Whether they overdid it or not is up for debate but they are giving her a buff so you should be happy.

No they will not make your character op again to make you happy (at least on purpose)

2 Likes

No. That’s something that is part of rez because it’s on a cooldown. It should have some sort of cast time but should be more like .5 seconds. There should be some risk but it shouldn’t be instant death as it currently stands.

1 Like

Thank you.

Personally, I really like the idea of a buff on an ally that heals them for like 50hp (or a certain percent of their maximum hp to make it make sense to even use on tanks, like 25% maybe) if they take lethal damage during that time. They’re still critical, but you can keep healing them up. It keeps the essence of resurrect but is something proactive.

I’d be fine with a cleanse as well though. Basically almost anything would be better than current rez. It has so much value and still feels like garbage to use. Like no, get rid of it and redistribute it’s value into the rest of her kit to make her feel like a main healer and a hero again.

Can you give a tl;dr? No way I’m reading all of that.

1 Like

I honestly feel that there is a world where Mercy mains are happy. It just requires the developers to listen to their suggestions a bit.

3 Likes

TL;DR: Mercy sucks, y’all.

1 Like

I understand the discomfort.

could help launch a “no pick mercy” like protest? Symmetra and torb have had a rework after many “no torb / symmetra, please” chats. I do not see why you still support she by choosing she in the matches. :sweat:

I think everyone hates Valkyrie in the end. here is my personal interpretation of mercy when she enters Valkyrie:

h ttps://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/8/85/Nsmb2_starman_mario.png/220px-Nsmb2_starman_mario.png

they are the same thing: an enhancement to what can usually be done.

What on earth you need 20 donuts for?

You are a Mercy main, do not get disheartened.

There are Mercy mains and those who behave as if they are in a cult. The difference is that you are disconnected from the latter, not from being a Mercy player.

Do keep in mind that Mercy mains who play the game are THOUSANDS. The forums forget that because these said thousands play the game, they don’t play the role of the wise ones or the mob members on forums.

3 Likes

:rofl: is this supposed to be balanced?