Why mercy mains are so toxic?

who cares when there’s brig that requires no skill

1 Like

It’s not spam. We paid for the game. We play the character. We are dissatisfied with how the team is handling her. We are on the forums voicing our dissatisfaction and explaining our point of view. That what these forums are for.

People don’t have to read it. People are free to make and read other threads about Torbjorn, or OWL, or shipping, or skimpy swim suit skins for Hanzo if they like.

But the fact of the matter is that their decisions strongly and negatively impacted the game play experience of Mercy players. They might not acknowledge it, they might not respond to it, but there’s absolutely no reason in the world to spare them having it up there.

1 Like

Instead of nerfs, they all should be buffed. Rather than bring one down, build them all up. The Mercy nerf didn’t increase the other Supports effectiveness alone. Their personal buffs did that. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

The changes to Lucio and Ana made them much more feasible. As for Moira, she’s about as effective now as she was before.

1 Like

“spam is spam regardless of whether or not it’s justified”

1 Like

It’s not spam though. A lot of people are upset about it, and have thoughts about it. They’re coming to the correct place to voice those opinions.

I don’t see anyone posting masses of drivel with no real content. People are posting their genuine opinions about a game related topic that they care about in the game forum dedicated to exactly that kind of topic. Perhaps we have differing definitions of spam?

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this here.

3 Likes

Apparently we do. It’s very easy to make one or two threads that you have genuine discussions in. After multiples of similar threads pop up people start to get toxic because they’re annoyed.

As I see it - one person making the same thread over and over again is spamming. Multiple people making multiple threads with genuine intent to discuss an issue they care about is not. It’s just indicative of a topic being important to many people. The fact that the conversation get heated is also not indicative of spam. It’s how every other topic on the forums and on the internet in general goes.

1 Like

Many people post multiple of the same/similar threads and it isn’t spam? Okay then

1 Like

Yes. I like to imagine it like this. Suppose that this was the official forum for the discussion of US politics. Now suppose that the US declared war on North Korea. The forum would be flooded with posts. They wouldn’t all be different. They wouldn’t all be amicable. But it wouldn’t be spam. It would be an expected result given the circumstances. That’s how public discourse works - it’s not curated and it’s not restricted to one conversation. As a result, you get some repetition and some acrimony.

To me spam is an act that requires intent. The fact that there are many posts concerning Mercy on the forums is not spam. That’s many people wanting to express their opinions concerning Mercy and converse about her. None of these individuals are responsible for the others. They don’t have the intent to spam. You can only judge them as spamming if you view them as a monolithic entity.

1 Like

We have different opinions, to me it’s spam. No justification.

Fair enough.

Out of curiosity - did you feel the same way about the multiple daily posts asking for Mercy to be nerfed prior to the patch?

I said Mercy was in an okay spot, balanced and FUN a few days ago, coming from a Flex main. And guess what I got? A remark that Mercy mains “want players like ME OFF Mercy the most”, because apparently I don’t have a religious connection enough with her despite her being one my three most picked heroes with over 100 hours.

Who are these “WE” people that you’re talking about? Should I, or should I NOT generalise Mercy mains? Since being a “fake” mercy player is apparently a good reason enough to be shunned and being called an imposter at.

1 Like

And that is exactly how it is viewed because meh Mercy Mains which that is applied even to people who are not Mercy players but complain that they think she is in a poor design state.

It’s really that people aren’t concerned about Mercy’s gameplay state don’t want there threads to have share the same space as the Mercy threads.

What in god’s name are you talking about kid? You seem a little to mad for being told to switch off a hero.

Nah, you got it wrong. I didn’t get told to switch off Mercy in game. I got told to gtfo off Mercy by the poster above you because I said she’s still a viable pick and used to provide the most value out of all supps before this patch.

First you are putting all mercy mains under one name. I think that is enough so that nobody should tkae your words seriously.

Second what is fun to her? Not being able to keep her allies alive like other healers can? Or her bird-eye spectator camera? Or her “turn in the statue of liberty” move? Her kit feels underwhelming and sluggish. Only fun thing remaining there is GA. And I already feel the nerf to it coming.

1 Like

You have no idea how many times I hear that trying to play Genji…its very toxic. Even when his mains are on my team and begin to throw the game cause of it.

It’s not just Mercy mains. Stop throwing a fuss.

3 Likes

She’s fun because she requires less attention to mechanics and gives you opportunities to have a broader view of the game state. The most talkative I am in comms is when I either play Main Tank or Mercy. You notice things people simply can’t because they’re so tunnel visioned into their own gameplay, when you can see everything easier without getting punished. This is what I enjoy from her, and shotcalling is one of the things I enjoy the most. Seems like I’m not in the same page as others.

Oh, maybe it’s because I’m an imposter Mercy so I’m not allowed in the Mercy club.

I think that is what is unfun to her. She is not challenging in any way and her ultimate is an engagement ult, not a teamsaving or purely offensive one like other supports have. After taking her res out of her ult and putting it on an unearned 30 sec CD and giving her the glorified spec mode as an ult Mercy’s destiny was to die. Appearently this patch just did the work. 15 nerfs. 15 harsh, big nerfs. Blizzard has lost their mind.

1 Like