Why Mercy Isn't Fun To Play | Video

Hits Q, sticks to the invisible ceiling and holds M1.

Such skill. Very outplay. Wow.

What would an outplay version of Valkyrie ultimate look like?

Maybe thatā€™s what it is for you, but for everyone else who actually plays her and isnā€™t trying to gimmick their way to higher ranks for competitive pointsā€¦

1 Like

is this your account you canā€™t post on or you want to be that guy with the ā€˜RevertMercyā€™ name posting about how we should Revert Mercy

At least something that isnā€™t just, hold a button and heal the entire team. Iā€™d much rather have Valkryie increase pure healing output and offer a slight damage decrease to the target youā€™re healing, which would be perfect for pushes or healing a tank/squishy at low health. The numbers would take a lot of adjustment, but I would find the management of making sure each of my team members is not dying more fun than having it done for me. Fun, and challenging.

So which would be preferable:

• Q to toggle between current Valk, and outplay Valk (weaker)
  • Q to switch only once to outplay Valk (stronger)

Asking for account information is against the CoC, and is non-constructive to this thread. Please try to restrain from asking forum members for personal account information.

Thanks for your cooperation! :slight_smile:

This. In my personal opinion, there isnā€™t nearly enough impact with current Mercyā€¦ and to me, she just isnā€™t fun. They can certainly do a lot better with her, especially her ultimate.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Just Outplay, if thatā€™s what weā€™re calling it. XP

But, there would have to be a little more to it. Just a Healing boost and damage protection probably isnā€™t enough, unless the numbers are high enough. Maybe like, 70-80 hps, with a 35% damage reduction, but also during Valkryie the cooldown and Cast Time for Rez is cut by 50/75%? Iā€™d say two charges, but I am honestly not sure how I would feel about that. It is a defining part of her kit, but I think being able to push/Defense easier with her ult (with the current duration it has) would be very powerful, especially on Bastion or one of the tanks.

The trick is, can you do a version that isnā€™t a straight upgrade?

Instead itā€™s some heavy tradeoffs, weaknesses for strengths, relative to current Valk.

First time Iā€™ve seen these suggestions, fairly solid, concerned maybe too much? One thought I had as far as a balancing mechanic for the potential power of mass rez is increase cast time based on number of downed teammates in proximity.

I find Mercy really fun. If you donā€™t like her pick up anyone else. This is the most diverse support meta weā€™ve had in ages.

Well, Iā€™m trying to do a version that isnā€™t either- an upgrade or a downgrade. Without actually being able to test it in game, thereā€™s really no way to actually tell. XP

Especially if the team is running the correct comp. Ana nade? Makes the healing useless, only the damage reduction now. Actually thatā€™s always been a problemā€¦ XP
I mean, Iā€™m not entirely sure Iā€™m what ways to compensate the loss of Mass Healing for something else other than a pure increase in healing output during the ultimate.

1 Like

Well, what sort of strength could you give to Valk if it cut the duration in half, and removed all personal regeneration including basic regen.

Ideally without buffing Rez. (Because that might kill the idea)

Would Mercy players really want that? Because theyā€™re going to die a lot using it.

Well itā€™s only a few seconds, because of the deceased duration.

And in trade they might get some crazy powerful outplay abilities.

I.e. Ana is really strong right now, but really vulnerable.

I didnā€™t mean to cut the duration of Valkryie itself, so I think keeping the Healing output numbers and the damage reduction pretty low would be a good way to balance it out. I forgot how much Zenyattas Orb increased damage, but at least enough to Negate that? Maybe a little more. That and half Cast Time on Rez, and Half cooldown Time (only during ult.) I mean, it sounds good. It would be good, for like I said, Strong Pushes or a hard Defense, as well as quickly getting the lower hp heroes up even while under fire.

I donā€™t think the devs want rez to be stronger, but they can be swayed that Valk should be more interesting.

Well, going with the whole ā€œValk enchances all of her abilitiesā€ I feel that just the halving it would be better than going back to say, insta cast double charge. XP

But I personally feel like it would be more engaging like that. Youā€™d have to keep track of things and watch out, like you used to.

Well, whatever you can get away with I guess.

That said, hereā€™s what I came up with when I thought of this idea.

During Valkyrie, you can press Q a second time to activate:

Valkyrie: Expert Mode

• 100 heals per second
  • Zero cooldown on Guardian Angel
  • 20% faster flight speed
  • 40% damage boost
  • Half of normal beam length
  • No permaregen
  • No chain beams
  • Double ult duration drain, and canā€™t be switched back

Yet there is barely any actual discussion there, 99% of the threads are random highlight clips and tired memes. The number of posters who actually discuss stuff like balance and lore there is way, way smaller than the number of subscribers or active posters.

2 Likes