Why Kiriko still ignored?

I perpetually save heroes from respawn with suzu, and SOMETHING about the game is able to recognize that and call it player saved +1, yet Kiriko gets zero mitigation stat on the scoreboard for players who want to improve their general number. Life weaver has a mit stat and so does Ana, even though it’s literally zero absorb done. Give it to Kiriko

1 Like

Lw and Ana actually have abilities that block physical damage. Kiriko doesn’t have a damage mitigation stat because suzu’s immortality frames work as if you turn your teammates into phantoms. Damage goes THROUGH them, so it technically doesn’t mitigate anything, it’s like giving Mercy a damage mitigation stat for damage that passes through teammates as they are being rezzed.

For Ana I am not entirely sure where her damage mitigation comes from. It’s solely her nano right?

Kiri could alternatively have a stat geared towards cleanse. So “Allies Cleansed” could be the stat and it could count how many allies you’ve helped who were affected by debuffs/stuns.(if she doesn’t have this already? I don’t play her)

3 Likes

Actually damage doesn’t go “through them,” it’s fully registered technically, and damage that isn’t mathematically attributed to their health pools rightful loss, wouldn’t be detectable as a “save.” This is what made me go anyhow?, considering the mitigation isn’t exclusive to damage blocked either you recall right?

ana nano has damage reduction, lifeweaver’s pull momentarily stops damage from being taken

i feel like her suzu is glitched out now like somehow zen discord orb no longer has any cooldown so he can insta spam it now

Mmmmm ok so I’m pretty sure it does after looking around.

Suzu has an invulnerability phase that makes it so players phase out. Meaning they take no physical damage. All projectile and CC abilities will just pass through allies affected by suzu meaning they technically don’t take any damage as they are not targetable by enemy fire (enemies don’t get tick marks when shooting you). Allies phasing out and having damage literally pass through their player model is why Kiriko does not have a damage mitigation stat, because you can’t calculate damage mitigated if it technically doesn’t damage anyone.

LW has mitigation because allies he pulls are not phased out and can still be targeted, meaning they block physical damage.

1 Like

Not sure it is registered. Imo, its just Suzu uses invulnerability boolean that dismiss anything happening to those heroes for an amount of time.

Same goes for Moira dash, she’s still in the game and she still has collision but no damage or effect reach her so she doesn’t mitigate damage, she just ignores it.

Pretty sure its the same for LW grasp and Dva getting into her Mech.
LW mitigation stats comes from the tree afaik, not from the pull ability.

She has one stat counting the number of negative effects cleaned. If you clean a sleeping anti-healed mate, it will count 2.

What Kiriko could have is a “death prevented” as LW has. Yet not sure LW stat counts damage prevented/ignored or if it just counts the number of low hp allies you pulled.
Same for Sombra, not sure if it detects actual deadly damages avoided or if it just looks at the number of hp left when she teleports.

The “saved allies” stat is already kinda wonky as iirc, as soon someone gets hit while being shielded by Lucio ult, it will count as a save.

2 Likes

I hate it, whats the excuse for this blizzard

Game replay TBG3R
2:30 sec HOW TF IS THAT NOT CONSIDERED PLAYER SAVED? You already don’t give me credit for mitigation on kiriko NOW this bullsh*??

Yeah the allies saved or “life grip deaths prevented” stat is just…a VERY bad metric due to the stat not being tracked well and because lifegrip saves are subjective to the player and not the system.