Why is there so many fragile egos?

It’s unreal how often I go in QP or Arcade and the amount of people who literally leave the last 5 seconds before a loss. I want to ask are people that fragile where taking a loss in a casual game mode is unbearable? I’ve lost many times and there are times I am carrying and we still lose. So what? You lose out on XP and can get a XP penalty doing that. This game’s player base is so damn toxic.

8 Likes

Welp, i was put into a lot of games at the same end lately
I gues their lose and my free exp :man_shrugging:

i dont get it either. maybe im just too numb to feel disappointed in losing but losing in this game doesnt bug me.

1 Like

Eh, generalized statement is generalized. You haven’t seen true toxicity till you’ve played Rust.

1 Like

People base their self-worth at least partially on their skill in games. They do not want to feel like they are worth less. Furthermore, they feel like they own their SR and losing it feels to them like something was stolen that they very much liked. I know because I was that person, although not in this game.

What’s your business in me leaving the game whenever i want?
Do i offend your personal feelings?
This isn’t like i punch your face instead of shaking your hand after losing in chess tournament.
And why would you bother about my xp? My fokin business.

And no, just losing the game isn’t bad.
Being trashed for solid 10 minutes or losing lootbox arcade match is not fun.

3 Likes

Does anyone happen to know if that lets them queue faster?

I know the game holds you in the match while pretending to queue till the POTG ect is done if you stay till the end of the match.

If you leave right before the end does it toss you right back into the queue or make you wait?

Some people don’t care about xp. If it lets them save 30 seconds on getting a new match they might just take the penalty.

t.anarcho-capitalist

Down in Fragile Rock

Ah the good old
“I payed my $40 , so I can do what i want”.

5 Likes

From my experience staying until the end seems to make you a “higher priority” matchmaking wise (plus, y’know, the Consecutive Match bonus.)

For example if I play a match and leave during the PotG it might take me 1 minute to get a new game, while if I wait for the match to fully end it might only be 20 seconds.

But this depends on how many people are playing: If barely anyone’s on the queue times will be long regardless, and if a lot of people are on they’ll be so short that this doesn’t factor in.

so i can’t leave lost games whenever i want if i don’t lose anything important to me because you don’t want me?

It’s taking you a minute to get the next game because the system doesn’t actually put you in queue till the match ends fully if you stay to the end.

The queue ticker starts but, it’s not actually doing anything till the match fully clears.

The question is if it’s a lost game, why do you care?

2 Likes

For arcade: it’s a new week, so weekly lootboxes have reset. Many people are probably trying to make their lootbox hunt more effective. I don’t condone this behavior, but it’s the only reason I can think of.

About QP, no idea.

This is why I think Blizzard should add some server side code to detect people who keep leaving matches right before they end, after their team losses round 1 of a KotH map or after they lose the first point on a map (just some examples). If you keep leaving during those then you’re clearly leaving before you feel your team might lose. Those that trigger this get a warning that if they continue that they will get a 30min ban.

I play a LOT of Mystery Heroes and you can not play a match without at least 1 person leaving because their team might not win. KotH maps after see 2-3 people bail after losing round 1.

1 Like

Nobody is saying you can’t. Just asking why you have fragile ego.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it’s my business. Just pointing out that nobody is saying you can’t do it. Just why the fragile ego, and I guess we know the answer now.

Those people can’t accept the lose,they can’t even let them see the lose screen.

I hate every mode in Arcade, i just hate MH a little less but i have to play it to get the three free lootboxes and i not playing 10 loses to get 1 win so i farm games looking for easy wins, the xp penalty and edorse lvl doesmt matter to me at all