Why is there no custom game copylock?

just asking cause i want to make a workshop game but dont want anyone else taking it

1 Like

Do you think you can make anything really worth to lock it? Look how many different and complicated mods I made and still think there is no a reason to lock them…

For real, if someone copies your game mod it is much more difficult to integrate your updates using same game code with the new update code option. It requires to use special tools to compare text.

More info about me and my game mods you can find here.
Feel free to comment my ideas.

No, it is not possible to “copy lock” game modes. Most players won’t even care to check who created what mode.

1 Like

i wanted feedback for my suggestion not a self plug but i respect the hussle

1 Like

Worth it or not it’s my work that I worked on, not theirs.

They did nothing, we did everything.

Well, people have different opinions and takes on the world. At the end of the day, you choose to leave yours unlocked and I’d leave mine locked.

I think we should be able to control what we create.

+1 to why having a copylock would be nice. No outdated versions of the gamemode.

1 Like

:rofl:
Ok that was funny.

1 Like

A version lock would be nice. I never thought of it that way.

I implemented this in my compiler, though any obfuscation can eventually be defeated given enough time:

https://github.com/Zezombye/overpy/wiki/Compiler-options#obfuscate

And yes I’d like the devs to implement copy protection to preserve integrity and credits of our gamemodes.

This isn’t really possible, but you always create in world text with your name. Most modders will respect that and leave it in place. So altho you can’t copy protect your work, people are respectful and give you credit if you put credits in the game