Why is the most popular one trick hero Mercy?

I swear, 90% of one tricks in OW are just mercy players.

I cant even count how many times i’ve seen:
500+ hrs on Mercy
10-20 hrs on second most played hero.

Why? Is it because she’s the easiest hero in the game? I don’t understand

5 Likes

That’s right, you dont understand. Play her ~50 hours and then come back.

P.s. hope you will return as another main mercy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I know of no valid data that supports this claim

If you know of some, please point us to it

In any case, the devs have made it abundantly clear that one tricking is a perfectly legitimate way to play this game, and as such, i dont understand the insistence by some that it is a problem

15 Likes

open your eyeballs Magadodo, you’ll see it

1 Like

As a clarification, the above does not constitute valid data to support the currently unsupported claim made in the original post

14 Likes

Mercy is there to draw out all the incels so we report / avoid / block.

Seriously when I pick mercy which is very seldom these days I am a huge target of " gamer girl " or if I die by a dps they post something along the lines of " slayed that p***" we really need to exist so these incels can get banned.

8 Likes

im just speaking from my own experience. I check profiles in nearly every game and can confidently say mercy is the most popular one trick. Claiming data is need to verify personal experiences is cope

2 Likes

because it is the most relaxing, most like to evade than be the aggressor… Like playing tag it is more fun to run away than to be IT…

4 Likes

A large number of player profiles are private, and as such, it isnt actually possible to check them at all

I find it is best, personally, to state ones opinion as opinion, rather than claim ones opinions to be fact

And no, there is no “cope” involved in expecting a claim of a numerical measure to be supported by valid data

Most importantly, tho, there is no problem if a player chooses to one trick

6 Likes

yea thats cope brother. open your eyeballs next time smh.

Agreed its not a problem if you one trick. But only playing 1 of 39 heroes is an incel move.

As i have already stated, there is no “cope” involved in expecting that a claim of a measure of quantity as a fact to be supported by valid data.

They were, are, and will be open; and as such i fail to see the relevance of this particular statement

I do not see any possible relationship between someone being an incel and someone one tricking

Instead, this seems to solely be an attack on players who have chosen to play one character

Such attacks are against the rules and spirit of this forum and ergo should cease

2 Likes

I ask that personal attacks cease

5 Likes

I refuse. I am unstoppable

3 Likes

I ask once again that personal attacks cease

3 Likes

It is common for people to use percentages like “90%” in a non-literal, colloquial manner. Often, they are expressing a general sense of frequency or likelihood, not a precise statistical measure. You either knew that and chose to be pedantic and troll or you just learned something new. (to get ahead of things, this is listing options not a personal attack, it might be an attack if I only assumed the worst. :slight_smile: )

Nobody in this topic said it was a problem. Just someone who shared what they noticed and was wondering why. No need to get defensive.

Multitude of reasons. Think one of the reasons is that it on Mercy you less often feel like you did bad because of how she gets most of the value from other people.

So if you don’t like feeling badly or like the feeling as if you are letting down your team, you might be more tempted to play Mercy.

Then there is the way she looks that will almost certainly attract a big audience to try her as well.

1 Like

I ask that personal attacks cease

2 Likes

I again ask you to stop falsely accusing me, UNLESS you have something specific to point out as personal attack I request you to stop spamming this message at me.

2 Likes

because when a mechanical skill is applied to your arsenal (which Mercy players can have, not saying they don’t)

nevertheless, if you have mechanical skill, you have a choice to play other characters to better fit with/against certain characters,

would you rather for Mercy main/onetrick to swap to Ana and miss lot of healing because they’re maybe not as accurate as other players at their average rank?

• or would it be better if they stayed on Mercy because they’re good at her?
2 Likes

I have made no false accusations

I have not spammed

I ask again that personal attacks cease

The first. At least they are now playing the actual game. Even if I lose I hope they got a bit better and maybe even enjoyed their time on that hero and will try it more often. Improving the game overall.