Why is Symmetra always in the bottom, forgotten?

You don’t want her to be meta cuz that will mean she will be getting nerfs.

Funny how the gays love her though.

1 Like

this is one patch, maybe 1.35.0.1 will have the Symmetra buff

19 haven’t had the chance to vote yet but it will be against them Boa Constrictories

She already is :no_good_woman:t4:‍♀️

1 Like

She just got nerfed dewd

She keeps waiting for respect and a buff…we keep waiting too…

9 Likes

Pretty sure sym has gotten more attention over the past year than my four most played heroes combined.

1 Like

The same attention to red-headed step children.

This very patch they overhauled how her beam works. She got a buff this patch and ya’ll are playing blind.

What about Bastion? What about my mains? It took years for McCree to get something to help him. Orisa is still suffering from certain changes, and she finally got one that actually benefits her instead of becomes an indirect nerf. It took forever for them to fix Ana.

Symmetra has gotten a lot of attention, changes, TWO reworks, nerfs and buffs collectively than many other characters in the game.

She isn’t the be-all, end-all of heroes in this game, and she’s perfectly fine where she is right now. I see plenty of her played in my games.

Idgaf if she’s not played so much at the top level, or in someone else’s games. I play her when I want to, others play her and wreck with her. It doesn’t matter what the stats say because the stats lie. Especially Overbuff.

dude I wrote that fix sym megathread and with the rework… I just gave up. I play her as a turretbomb in quickplay for funsies sometimes, but I literally haven’t touched comp in so many seasons now.

Maybe that’ll change with baptiste, but I gave up on her

1 Like

Maybe she hasn’t been in the meta because her character is just not fitting into the current meta??? Like how any of the dps aren’t even in the meta besides Sombra?

She has not been in the meta, not since the beta, across all of her various reworks since then. Even Sym 3.0 has existed for 8 months and never fit into a meta. The meta that catered to Symmetra has not existed in this game. So maybe, just maybe…it is the hero, not the meta.

So with this current PTR patch, at level 1 charge you gain +2 DPS versus armor, at level 3 you lose 24 DPS compared to before (now 156, previously 180).

It has been confirmed that the current patch is an overall nerf to her damage.

1 Like

But the change was made to make her better at charging up her beam and melting armor. If it does turn out to be an overall nerf, the devs are going to fix it.

They literally stated themselves that this was a nerf to Sym.

3 Likes

I won’t hold my breath. We waited 8 months for them to clarify what her damage numbers are after the rework.

1 Like

Do you mean them explaining the damage values or did Jeff literally say they wanted sym nerfed this patch?

That’s fair.

A meta doesn’t need to cater to anyone, characters have to fit into them. GOATS has been around for a long time and so has Brig which is a big reason Sym is not in the meta. Her turrets do little dmg to anyone if they have a big and another healer. Sym cannot use her tp to go aggressive because she will be pressured by Brig. Brig has made close range heroes which is what Sym is not good in metas since she was introduced.