Why is My Mic muted Ingame

Title. It works fine in other games just not this one. It’s been like this since Wrecking Ball’s release.

Do you have your own voice chat output volume turned down? Do you see your name pop up in the top left to indicate that your’e talking or does nothing happen at all when you speak?

Output is at Max same with Input and my name does not pop up.

Mine does this occasionally and it will show the little “muted mic” symbol next to my name when I look at the chat group. I usually have to click it a few times or manually exit chat then re-enter. Idk if that helps, that’s just my experience with the issue.

(Also, idk if you are dumb like me, but I also thought my mic didn’t work until I realized I wasn’t actually in the chat channel.)

I’ve tried that many times.

Don’t know then. There’s a setting off somewhere. Sorry I can’t help more.

All of my chats are on auto join and open mic

Check if your sample rate is set to 44100 and 16 bit. I had it set to 48000Hz causing the mic to be deactivated.

1 Like

How do I fix it???

Maybe your firewall is blocking it for OW specifically? :grimacing:

Some universities block the ports needed for Overwatch voice coms.
Voice Chat on Certain Networks Still Not Allowed

Otherwise, check your settings. I once had it flipped off for some reason in the settings, and I never thought to check for about a month.

Yup. I finished that whole thing and found that my school blocks those ports (and wouldn’t budge either). Sadboys. If that’s the case you’d have to use a vpn

How do you make it not set to 48000 hz