Why is Mercy's healing still 50hps?

COMPLETELY AGREE!!! Thank you.

I really, really want to see those seasons in which no Mercy meant no win ( except for the moth meta, which is still being exaggerated bc a mercy never meant a win ) because when I played her pre rework, people still wanted a Lucio, Zen or Ana. I’m not sure if you people realize this but there was a time before the rework. A time where Mercy was considered utter trash.
And to answer the question, OP: her healing is still 50 because they don’t know how to balance the fact that she has an ult as an E ability and an E ability as an ult. That’s the only reason. So something else has to take a hit for the crowd to be pleased, I.e her healing.

Now before you raise your pitchforks: no, I don’t think she’s bad. But she’s lacking and no one can deny that. The fact that the one healer that’s supposed to be picked for consistent healing is picked for something else and not the thing she’s meant to do should be more than enough proof of that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get why they do this. Same thing with Doom as well on top of nuking his catalyst.

Probably because they try to push people off her.

1 Like

First of all, who said utility and healing had to be separate? Second of all, it’s both a full heal and a resurrection. And what happened to damage boost on demand? Did that just stop existing? Half the reason she synergises so well with phara, mccree, widow, hanzo.

It was really an unnecessary nerf, but jeff said in Stylosa’s video that he thinks Mercy is okay and they balanced her perfectly, so I doubt if they will change her in any way. I suspect she is going to stay this way for another year or two… it is underwhelming…

2 Likes

Because Mercy does not need to output more healing.

It is an extremely simple concept and it boggles my mind how people have not understood it after all this time.

Numbers and stats that prove people’s suggestions with no real base wrong?
HOW DARE YOU!
/s

Yeah she is a very consistent healer, no aim, no reload, great tools to escape and regeneration while not getting shot … i mean yeah, you have 2 downsides :

• You cant deal damage and heal at the same time (like other healers)
  • Your regular healing input is lower than those who have to reload/aim/position in range.

Its a trade off. You cant have it all … otherwise she becomes a must pick like before (yeah and she still has res).

Honestly, there’s no harm in trying 55hps.

That is a 10% increase to output and ult gain. It is not a small buff.

Well obviously they would revert the increase to ult charge they gave her to make up for it. I’d take slightly faster heals over that.

Devs felt 60 was too strong, most feel 50 is too low. 55 is a good medium that should be explored.

1 Like

I’d imagine their thinking runs along the line of “ease of use.”

-shrug-

Has anyone proposed the idea of ramping healing? So she starts out at 50hps but it gets bumped up to something higher the long she stays on someone?

This is the misconception. “Most” absolutely do not feel that way. Mercy players who got used to playing with 60 feel that way.

1 Like

They definitely do. Even most streams will demand players to swap Mercy for more healing. That’s an actual reason i hear countless times. Like i said, what’s wrong with trying 55? It hasn’t been done before. Seems like you’re just being against it for the sake of it.

3 Likes

I’m against buffs for the sake of buffs. If she is currently balanced, why exactly does she need to be buffed?

She isn’t underperforming.

Wow, in a tank meta, surely not? For Mercy to be able to outperform Ana or Moira in tank heavy metas with significant cleave damage going around, she’d need a LOT more than 55 hp/s.

The reality is that she is good at other things, which have not been relevant in the 3-3 meta. But that does not make her weak.

Are you sure it will be enough, though? Damage goes up, and we are very close to the point, where healing in general becomes useless, unless you got an ult.

Well, I’m another one who feels she’s more balanced at 50 than 60 heals per second.

Want mercy’s E replaced with an upward mobility that also temporarily buffs her healing, heals allies around her when she jumps, or removes cc? I sure do.

Can she not be balanced at 55 too? It’s never been done before. All i know is whenever i play Mercy i dread having to top up a tank like Dva/Hammond etc. It feels like it takes forever. Is she no longer a main healer? I thought consistent heals were her forte.

1 Like

Yes, but she isn’t off-healer either - no defensive ult.